cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris18181
Freshman

Cancelled Internet Service, Purchased Equipment

Hi Everyone,

I have a small problem, I ordered Hughesnet through Entersource on April 11th, I had it installed on April 12th and used it for several days,  I then  called to cancelled my internet service with Hughesnet yesterday, the customer service agent kept giving me the runaround and wanting to send someone to fix my internet signal. It was way too slow for me and the signal kept going out everytime it rains, so i purchased a hotspot from AT&T and its way faster and so much better.  I called customer support and they are wanting me to ship back the equipment, problem is i purchased the equipment when i ordered the internet installation and they are only giving me a $200 refund.  should i be getting back more than $200??

here is what i was charged:

----------------------------------------------------

20GB Service Plan Recurring
$69.99

Instant Savings One-time
-$50.00

Instant Savings One-time
-$100.00

Equipment Purchase One-time
$249.99

Standard Installation One-time
$199.99

Promo Service Credit Recurring
-$10.00

Total
$359.97

Amount Collected at Time of Order
-$359.97

I am trying to figure out if there is a manager or supervisor i could speak to about getting my money back on the equipment?, It is barely even used only had the service for 12 days, I wish there was someway i could get a refund on the Total amount i was charged, this was such a bad experince for me i should have trusted the reveiws online before even ordering this service.

Thanks Chris 

5 REPLIES 5

yes they said it was a one time courtesy, I may have to put a block on my card so they don't turn around and take any money out, once they refund me.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm also surprised you were offered $200 for the equipment, as we no longer have a Hardware Return for Credit policy. We did long time ago where you could get $200 back, so that obsolete policy is likely what inspired the $200 offer. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

and i can't beleive i was lied to, they told me over the phone when i ordered the service that i had 30 days from the date i had the equipment installed and if i didn't like it to cancel,  they were going to charge me $400 for cancelling then i told them the 30 days hasn't even passed so they accepted it and just wanted me to return the equipment. This company is not going to last long the way there doing there customers.

Good morning Chris,

We would like to look into who said that you could cancel within 30 days without ETF, this was the sales rep who said that? I can look into getting that sales call reviewed to see if the sales rep misspoke, and if so, we can make sure that rep is coached, as that is not accurate. I reviewed your cancellation notes and I do see we waived your ETF. Thank you for bringing this up so we can improve.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

In my Opinion a hotspot device is way better for people that live in rural areas. of course it depends on how good you're cell phone receptionm is. its only costing me $20 extra a month on my phone bill for unlimited and i can watch movies without them freezing every 5secs, i am getting up to 50mpbs. and when i browse the internet the pages load up extremely fast.