cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstrangio
Freshman

Cannot Connect To Internet

Hi,
My internet connection was not working last night and tracerout showed it was not going past the directway host. This morning no internet connectivity no tracerout hops. I have tried power cycled and removing/replacing the coax cable connected to the modem. BIST items all pass. System summary indicates 2.1.1 so I checked that the dish didn't have debris on it. The only lights on the modem are wifi, lan, and power.
14 REPLIES 14
infinitytec
Junior

@dstrangio

Hello and welcome to the forums!

If the satellite connection lights were out, the most likely issue is that there was either a storm at your location or at the location of your gateway.

Ryzen 7 2700/16GB RAM/X470 Motherboard/250 GB m.2 SSD/2TB HDD/4GB RX560/Windows 10 Pro

So if there is no storm in my area now, how long does it take to connect again? We had rain and light slush last night. Today a light dusting of snow that didn't stick.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe the mods here can check your account from their side and tell you what they see. 

Hi dstrangio,

I see it's your first posts here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to run diagnostics and I am also not able to connect to your modem. I've escalated your case to engineering for their input, I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks Liz! I really appreciate it

You're welcome!  I just got a report about the Omaha gateway (which you're on) having severe weather and causing service issues. This will certainly prolong our investigation at the moment. We are monitoring the situation. We'll keep you posted.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you! I was hoping it was not the equipment I have 😃

Hi,
I was Wondering if there was an update, ETA, or another location I could connect to?

My job depends on this connection and I need to work
GabeU

@dstrangio

It looks like Omaha is still experiencing bad weather, and the line of storms is moving in such a way that it's likely to be that way for a while.   With that said, storms often dissipate somewhat in the evening hours due to the loss of heat, of course, so maybe they'll clear soon.  

Also, unfortunately, it's not possible to switch to a different gateway.  😞  

The reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so it's likely that Liz is now gone for the day.  

Though I don't know that this will be the case, maybe it will start working again once the weather is clear in Omaha.  I hope.  

Hi dstrangio,

Thank you for letting me know, I pinged the engineer looking at your case and we want to dispatch a technician to your site. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Oct 10, 2018 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #115918800 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks Liz!

Hi dstrangio,

Just checked in on your site and I see you're back online! Glad to see you were able to get the tech out there earlier. If you have any other concerns, the community is here to help.

maratsade

Are you able to check your system control center?  (http://192.168.0.1/). Clicking the "i" next to "English" will give you some info about what may be wrong. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I have and as stated in the post 2.1.1 error, outside equipment problem