Hughesnet Community

Cannot Log onto Account -- Web page Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghoracek

Cannot Log onto Account -- Web page Problem

Hughes Account log on page does not recognize that I have pushed submit and thus I cannot log onto my account.  I can enter my information, but the page does not recognize me.  I tried coming in the back door by accessing my bill without signing in, but that page said my info was incorrect (which it was not as confirmed on the phone with Hughes tech).  This happens with Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Iron browsers.  It happens with Windows 7 or Windows 10.  It happens with Ubuntu as my OS.  Same result whether I am on the Hughes system or go to the internet via Google fiber or AT&T cable.  Same if I go via VPN or naked.  Two phone calls to Hughes led to significant effort but no resolution, but I am not surprised; this is pretty techie ground here -- not going to be in a tech service decision tree.  Their suggestion was that I use the App to follow my account.  It actually works pretty good (and fast), but I need to access my account to print my bill to submit to my company.   The good news is that I have found a solution one that galls me.  If I use either Internet Explorer or Edge (oh the pain), then I can log in.  So as long as I'm using a Windows computer I can use the site -- so far no joy from Ubunutu.  Guess where I spend 90% of my computer time? 
5 REPLIES 5
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Got the same thing in IE. Disable ABP same deal. Use Firefox and it works.

Trouble is I prefer IE for the Community.

Have yet to find the root cause. Its been like that since the "upgrade".

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Its just in IE though. Its as if you never hit enter or pressed the button.

Setting an exception or even a total disable  doesn't work.

FF, Opera, Seamonkey and Chrome are all fine. Go figure.

Liz

Good morning ghoracek,

Welcome and thanks for posting and sharing your feedback. Have the suggestions to try an AdBlocker helped?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!