Cannot Post In Discussion

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Cannot Post In Discussion

I wished to post in general discussion, but am unable to because of the label problem- no suggest labels, all I entered were unsatisfactory , so I couldn't post, why I am posting here. This is wacky. My post was- Having had Hughes gen 4,5 for many years, and enjoying fast support and service calls, I was taken aback with the email I received debuting a fee contract for 1-2 day service. Really? Now we have to pay a monthly fee for service within 1-2 days, otherwise we will be throttled back to low priority, 3 days and more? This smacks as something akin to the net neutrality scandal.. The company can, so now it will charge a fee for otherwise unthrottled service calls timely service.
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ecoalex2 

The label shown in General Discussion is the one that has to be chosen.  

Capture.PNG

From the sounds of it, the email you got may be a phishing attempt. 

If you can post a snapshot of it, minus your personal information, and with the "from" address blocked out, it might help the reps.  

I still don't get the label thing please post an acceptable label for general discussion. There are no suggestions, any I tried were refused. Had this before. > The label shown in General Discussion is the one that has to be chosen< ????????????????? Thanks For You prompt Reply 🙂 From the sounds of it, the email you got may be a phishing attempt. If you can post a snapshot of it, minus your personal information, and with the "from" address blocked out, it might help the reps. Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro Tags (0) Add tags email received today Whether for work, school, or entertainment there is no good time to be without Internet access in today’s digital world. That's why Hughes offers Express Repair! Express Repair provides fast and dependable support, in the event an on-site technician visit is necessary to restore your HughesNet service. Express Repair customers receive priority resolution up to 24 hours faster and save $100 on the technician visit fee. Try it now at no cost Choose from Basic or Premium packages, with guaranteed service within 1-2 business days. The first month is at no cost to you and you can cancel at any time. Call 888-634-3726 to order today or order online now! Sign in or register at myHughesNet.com to subscribe and manage all of your Optional Services or download the HughesNet Mobile App today. Includes 2nd business day onsite service, 8am–5pm, Monday through Friday. $24.99 per onsite repair incident applies in addition to monthly fee. © 2020 Hughes Network Systems, LLC. HughesNet is a registered trademark of Hughes Network Systems, LLC, an EchoStar company. This email was sent by: Hughes Network Systems, LLC 11717 Exploration Ln Germantown, MD, 20876, US Update Preferences | Unsubscribe
GabeU

@ecoalex2 

Ah, okay.  That's just an advertisement for Express Repair.  That's been available for a number of years now. 

Any service calls that are scheduled via this Support Community are at the discretion of the reps.  Nothing's changed regarding that.  However, there's never been a guarantee of a one or two day tech visit that's scheduled via this Support Community.  If you've gotten such, it's only because there was a tech available within that time frame.   

Again, nothing's changed.  That's just an advertisement for a service.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have had great timely tech service from the forum- Liz is great ! Why I do tell everyone I know how great Hughes is , better than any other broadband available in my area. You; GabeU , Liz are great folks, why Hughes is a great service . Now if I could get some labels that work in General Discussions so I can post, rare as it is. What happened to the ability to add my cat photos? meow 🙂
GabeU

@ecoalex2 wrote:
Now if I could get some labels that work in General Discussions so I can post, rare as it is. What happened to the ability to add my cat photos? meow 🙂

You have to click on the label in the red box in the picture I posted.  It don't know if you can manually add labels after that, but you have to click that label in order to post. 

Thank you for the compliment.  🙂