cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect a hughes.net email account to MS Outlook 2019

Highlighted
Freshman

Cannot connect a hughes.net email account to MS Outlook 2019

I have been trying to connect my new hughes.net email account to my MS Outlook 2019 to no avail.  I have tried both POP and IMAP.  Neither will accept my password (i.e., cannot connect).  The password works fine and i can connect on the Hughes.net web email site.  I even tried the hughes.net chat function - i had someone helping me, then he just dropped off and never did anything.  Please help!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Cannot connect a hughes.net email account to MS Outlook 2019

@dkblanki 

I don't personally use Outlook, nor do I know myself how to fix the problem, but the following may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Outlook-e-mail-using-hughesnet-HELP/m-p/116776/highl...

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

well, i tried that - seems to get further (thanks), but still times out and does not connect.  I wonder if there is something that needs to be set on the hughes end to allow this to work...

Highlighted

@dkblanki 

That could be, or they may have some other things to try.  Damian is sometimes on in the evenings and he may reply, but if not, you'll likely hear from him or one of the other reps tomorrow.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hi dkblanki,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thanks for posting. Glad to see you checked other options here for troubleshooting Outlook. There aren't any additional settings on our end that we can adjust to address this sort of concern. 

As you've confirmed, the login info for your HughesNet email address works since you were able to access the inbox directly via webmail. 

In theory, as long as you have the right login info for your account, you can add it to any 3rd party e-mail client. If Mark's suggestion did not help, perhaps you may find an answer at https://support.office.com/en-us/outlook which also has a support forum if their articles don't help.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

@dkblanki 

I hope Liz's info helps.  

Just in case, if you have another email that you receive via Outlook you can forward your HughesNet emails to that email.  It's not the same as what you're trying to do, but it's at least a way that you can still get them via Outlook if you're not able to get them directly.  It's just a "last resort" kind of idea.  

I forward my Hughes emails, which pretty much only consist of HughesNet Support Community notifications, to my MSN address. That way I can get them via Windows built in mail app.  I then sign into my HughesNet email once every month or so to delete them.  I could have them set to automatically delete after being forwarded, but I like to keep them for a while, just in case.

Edit:  I tagged the wrong person.  It's now corrected.

Highlighted
Freshman

Well, unfortunatly none of these worked. I have no idea why I cannot get my hughesnet email to work via anything but the web app.  But, i have spent waaaay too much time on this - so, i setup a gmail account and will use that instead.  Its unfortunate, but hughesnet email just does not work for me.  thanks for all the attempted help!