cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Facebook through my Candy Crush Saga App on Ipad

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot connect to Facebook through my Candy Crush Saga App on Ipad

I can no longer connect to Facebook Friends on my ipad2 to the Candy Crush App except at 2 am when i have free connectivity through Hughes. I just happened to find this out tonight at 2 am! This all started at the end of November. During normal hours, i have tried disabling the web accelerator, and it still does not work. Last year, if i disabled the web accelerator, i could connect. Then at some point, Hughes was fixed and i could connect at all times. Again, this all started at the end of November 2014. All of my other apps on my ipad 2, connect perfectly to my Facebook friends, but Candy Crush no longer does. All of my system info is up to date. I can connect if i am any where else, to any other isp, but no longer here at my home during the hours of 7 am to 2 am. Please investigate this and fix! I pay over $100 a month for this slow as molasses internet Smiley Sad
13 REPLIES 13
Alum

Re: Cannot connect to Facebook through my Candy Crush Saga App on Ipad

Hello Gail,

Thanks for the post. We were able to locate your account successfully. Are you able to connect to Candy crush using a laptop or a computer? I want to see if you are having any other issues without using the iPad to see if the problem replicates. Looking forward to your feedback. Thank you.

- Warren
New Poster

I canconnect to Candy Crush on my laptop ormy computer, but it is not an app when i connect that way. It is connecting through Facebook web page. All of my other apps on my ipad connect to my Facebook friends tho, just not Candy Crush since November.
Assistant Professor

Gail, have you cycled power to the modem? 
New Poster

Gail did your Candy Crush app recently update? this happened with the android version that my wife uses and she also has had to play through FB since
New Poster

I have rebooted the hughes modem, my router too many times to count. I have to reboot at least one time daily. Just ridiculous! Charles, this all started with the November 25th update for Candy Crush. Again, i can connect to Facebook Friends automatically as long as it is between 2 am and 7 am lol! Any other time, it does not let me connect to my Facebook Friends list...yet if i go to my mom's house, or work with my ipad, i can connect immediately to their att and charter high speed internet with no problems.
Assistant Professor

Started with the November 25th update for Candy Crush? Sounds like you should talk to them since they obviously changed something.
New Poster

Gail like I said the same thing happened to my wife and it was the update to Candy Crush its not hughes issue its Candy Crushes, look at all of the resent reviews about it not working after that update.
New Poster

Well i would agree with you except at 2 am...when Hughes has faster download speed? maybe, or when i connect to any other isp provider such as charter or att.net, i connect immediately.  I thought i was on a roll this week, connected during normal hours 4 nights in a row, but alas, last night no luck.
New Poster

And believe me, I have been in contact with King and with Facebook.  I decided to change gears to contacting Hughes, once I happened to be up at 2 am and tried to connect...which it did automatically.  When I first got my ipad, and i could not connect to Candy Crush with Facebook, I stumbled upon a comment by someone who told me to disable the web acceleration which worked fine..and then at some point, either Hughes, King, or Facebook changed something where I did not have to disable web acceleration.  Now, ever since the Nov. 25th update, one of these great companies has again changed something.  I am leaning towards Hughes at this point.