Cannot connect to the Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Courtney1980
Freshman

Cannot connect to the Internet

I cannot connect to the internet. I received a state code 11.2.1. HughesNet keeps saying it’s weather but it’s clear. I’ve unplugged modem at least three times since yesterday. The WiFi and lan lights are on the others are not. It does say software download status updating. Could this be the issue? And if it is how long does it take because I can’t go another day without internet. If I do I will have to cancel my service.
11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It could be bad weather at the gateway, which is always in a different state from where your system is.  Edit: If you need to learn how to find your gateway, see this tutorial: https://chucksbasix.com/2017/10/06/how-to-find-your-hughesnet-gateway/

Thanks. That was my next question.

Ok so I checked the IP Gateway Association State and it says Creating IPGW. What does that mean?
GabeU

@Courtney1980 

If you're still seeing this it's likely that there is some sort of problem, as inclement weather at your gateway shouldn't last this long.  The reps will probably want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, so please make sure to leave your HughesNet equipment plugged in if you normally don't.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They should reply within a day or so.  

They have done that. This is day three without internet. I’m still getting state code 11.2.1
GabeU

@Courtney1980 wrote:
They have done that. This is day three without internet. I’m still getting state code 11.2.1

I'm talking about the reps here, not the phone or chat reps.  The reps you'll work with here are corporate based reps, unlike the phone or chat reps.  They'll figure out what the problem is.  The drawback of working with the reps here, though, is waiting, as this help isn't instant.

Ok. How long is the usual wait time because this is getting frustrating.
GabeU

@Courtney1980 wrote:
Ok. How long is the usual wait time because this is getting frustrating.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They usually answer within a day or so.  They will likely answer sometime today (Monday).  Just make sure to leave your modem plugged in so that they can run their remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment before they reply to tell you the next step either you, or they, need to perform.  

Thanks so much. Hope this can be fixed quickly.
GabeU

@Courtney1980 

You're very welcome.  I hope so, too.  🙂

Liz

Hi Courtney1980,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I see one of our phone reps already assisted you today and dispatched a tech to address your concerns tomorrow. I hope the site visit goes well, if you still have concerns, feel free to reach out.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!