cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Facebook. This is day two so far. grrrrrrrr

Cannot open Facebook. This is day two so far. grrrrrrrr

It happens regularly.   and usually seems to occur toward month's end.   WHAT is going on?  Only Facebook.   My other sites work fine.   Why is this happening?   is it because i enjoy it so much and use it frequently?   

Have tried every suggestion i've found on all the other posts of people not being able to open Facebook to no avail.  

There's something going on and it's very frustrating.   It's NOT on my end...there's nothing *I* can do to fix.   

Please work on this.... there are too many people having this Facebook/Hughesnet problem!
69 REPLIES 69
Advanced Tutor

Re: Cannot open Facebook. This is day two so far. grrrrrrrr

Working fine for me.

No facebook for me either.  Please Fix this.  I have tried all the suggestions on other pages about this problem.  It has to be between facebook and hughesnet.  Not saying it's intentional just something is not connecting for some reason.

normally i use chrome, but i have tried safari and also firefox.   nada.

facebook is fun.   and it's my way of keeping up with all my friends and family. no smartphone as we're very very rural and zero cell service.   so no texting...

This appears to be a HN9000 issue which I can reproduce here. Here's the error I get:

The reason for failure is: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Using my HN9200, the issue goes away.

someone advised me that because Facebook changes things around very often so as to not get hacked, that Hughesnet just isn't fast enough to keep up.   that the connection window Facebook opens is too small for a sluggish plodding Hughesnet go jump through.

I am also on day two of no Facebook.  I can access it on my smartphone, but not on my computer.  I've tried other browsers with no luck either. This has happened before, and it has been HughesNet at fault. They tried to fix it for quite some time a while back, and finally got it working.  It's frustrating to me also, because I have friends out of state that I keep in contact with that way.  My synagogue also posts things daily that I like to read.  I will be patient, because hopefully it will get fixed.  The one thing that does bother me about this is that there will be no monetary compensation from HughesNet for an issue that is theirs and not ours. 
Highlighted

I believe you are correct.  I am using an HN9000 also. 
Assistant Professor

Don't know of any ISP that would compensate for one site being unreachable.

Makes sense to me.   And if this is the case, i'd have to say that HN is squeezing users out as a marketing ploy to make people buy the upgrade.   

Why Facebook would work on 9000 for years, and now... not seems highly suspect.

commmmmon AT&T come unburden us country folk from hughesnet!!!