cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Facebook. This is day two so far. grrrrrrrr

Re: Cannot open Facebook. This is day two so far. grrrrrrrr

I get it.  My satellite TV provider has compensated me in the past.  Just saying that if they are at fault, it's too bad they couldn't work something out with their customers.
Assistant Professor

Has anyone called in or used chat to try to get it fixed? Does seem to be a 9000 series issue from your replies.

I've tried chat.  No response yet.  And I really dislike calling the Philippines, so if anyone wants to try that, be my guest.  It'll be my last resort.
Assistant Professor

Lol, I hear you. Could ask them to put you through to Texas.

No.   i've actually suffered in silence for about four months.   Every month, toward the end of the month, i get days on end of Facebook blackout.   I don't tweet, or use anyother popular social media connections through Hughesnet, and i wonder if any of the other popular social media sites get shutout by Hughesnet?   

I have the HN9000 also.  Please fix I cannot afford to go to Gen4 right now!
Highlighted

I have an email out to Hughesnet and they gave me a case number.  Said they are looking into the issue and will call me in 24 hours.  That was last night--still haven't heard anything.

This is what I got in response.  LOL.  Of course, it has nothing at all to do with HugheNet's end. 

Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support.  I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

I understand that you are having issues accessing the Facebook webpage.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention, your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Ms. Perkins, I ran diagnostics from my end and it shows that all parameters are up and fully operational.  The issue you are experiencing may require complex troubleshooting for us to be able to isolate and determine the possible cause of the issue.  Some of these troubleshooting steps will require us to walk you through the steps real time.  You may also check if the website is currently down by accessing www.iidrn.com and enter the web address on the box and click Check.

As a courtesy, I have scheduled a callback from one of our phone support to further assist you regarding this matter.  Please expect to hear from us within 24 hours upon receipt of this email.

However, if you prefer to talk to someone prior to that, you may contact our Phone support at 1-866-347-3292 or through Customer Management Center via http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and in the "Contact Us" section of the page, click Email Support / Chat Support.  We are open 24/7 to assist you.

Your case ID for this email contact is __.  You may receive an email survey asking for your feedback about your support experience today.  Please take the time to complete the survey as this would help us continue to improve our service.

Again, thank you for contacting HughesNet Support.  Stay safe and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Hayley Parot

HughesNet Representative

I especially like the part about "complex troubleshooting".

They persist in insulting our intelligence.   They cannot really think we're buying that....