cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive mail via Outlook (Office 365) or connect to outlook.live.com

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: UPDATE Re: Cannot receive mail via Outlook (Office 365) or connect to outlook.live.com

@GabeU wrote:

The Cloud.... it's evil.  Smiley Tongue   

Anymore The Cloud is the Internet and the Internet is The Cloud.........it's all evil I say, just evil. Smiley LOL

Seriously though, one company gobbling up the majority of the Internet backbone on the civilian side seems like a huge national security risk to me. I'm declaring a National Emergency!

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Re: UPDATE Re: Cannot receive mail via Outlook (Office 365) or connect to outlook.live.com

@BirdDog wrote:

I'm declaring a National Emergency!

Coffee... everywhere.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
steveandkris
Sophomore

I think maybe it's time to move into an empty missle silo in Wyoming and just wait it out.  I'm sure it won't be long now...

ProstarDad
New Poster

Well I have tried to discuss this with Hughes Technical Support and ended up with their Home Net (which appears to be outsourced) which wanted to charge me a service plan to work with me since the Service was fine and I would need help with my home network.

Feelings aside, I am an IT network engineer that configures routers, etc. So when I tried to share with them pings, traceroutes and more it gets frustrating ... they do not think it is a HughesNet problem so I am not sure this is going to get fixed ..... 

steveandkris
Sophomore

@ProstarDad 

I recommend you try sending an email to tech support.  I suspect maybe it has a better chance of ending up on someone's desk that has a bit more knowledge than the script-following techs on the phone. 

At any rate, I complained a couple of times via email, and two things of note happened as a result: 1) they acknowledged there was a problem and that their engineers were working on it (maybe - maybe not); and 2) I received $30 credit on my bill for 6 months - not the solution I was looking for, but better than nothing.