Cannot send emails. Response says that my password is incorrect

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John Malachowsk
Freshman

Cannot send emails. Response says that my password is incorrect

I use Outlook 2016 and eM Client for my emails (I use eM Client on my laptop, and Outlook 2016 on my desktop).

These email programs worked yesterday (01-30-2022), but today I get errors stating that my email server has rejected my password, yet when I go to the web baased server, it works, so I know that my password is correct.

I have my in settings as: mail.hughes.net

110  SSL

and my outbox settings:

smtp.hughes.net

587  SSL

What is the issue?

2022-01-31_14-15-12.jpg2022-01-31_13-20-14.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Damian

@John Malachowsk,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Based on your current settings and explanation, everything seems to be imputed correctly on your side. It is possible that this is a temporary issue with server communication but I do not have any evidence of this yet. Please allow me some time to contact our email admins to verify this information. I will update you as soon as I can.

-Damian 

MarkJFine
Professor

Just for grins, try using port 995 for mail.hughes.net, and port 465 for smtp.hughes.net, using SSL set to on for both. Those are the default SSL ports that Outlook likes to use.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.