Hughesnet Community

Cannot stream anything; since March 29

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolaf

Cannot stream anything; since March 29

Have not been able to use Netflix or Amazon Prime Vide.  I cannot open any youtube program.  Tried calling their tech support;  no one is there.  Any suggestions????  Is this a region-wide issue??  My HT2000 is not even broadcasting the 5gz band...Thought it was my wireless extender and purchased a new one (needlessly

8 REPLIES 8
Timothy50
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue. No Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube. My son can play Xbox live all day with no issues. All laptops are working fine. Tested these apps on my Android phone without WiFi and they work great. With WiFi on I have nothing. This only started for me on April 4th in the A.M. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Some sites are not working for some people. Among them: iCloud.com, Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, and others.

HN is aware of this issue

The HN engineers are working to resolve it

The issue may be external to HN

A deadly pandemic affecting our country and the world. As a result of this, millions of people are working and learning from home, and straining ISP systems to capacity.

The issue is most noticeable to users of satellite internet, but it is affecting users of other ISPs as well

While terrestrial-based ISPs (such as cable) can add more capacity, satellite ISPs have finite capacity and can't add more without launching new satellites, a process that is very expensive and takes many months

Streaming is not working well for many people. The best thing to do about streaming right now is to avoid it.

These times call for all of us to show patience and strength in the face of chaos, and to shift our priorities.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Timothy50 wrote:

I am having the exact same issue. No Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube. My son can play Xbox live all day with no issues. All laptops are working fine. Tested these apps on my Android phone without WiFi and they work great. With WiFi on I have nothing. This only started for me on April 4th in the A.M. 

Liz

Hi jolaf,

Thanks for reaching out. Do you see any difference with YouTube or Netflix now?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Deacon
Freshman

As I said. I did finally get through to a tech who assigned me a confirmation number but

@jolaf wrote:

Have not been able to use Netflix or Amazon Prime Vide.  I cannot open any youtube program.  Tried calling their tech support;  no one is there.  Any suggestions????  Is this a region-wide issue??  My HT2000 is not even broadcasting the 5gz band...Thought it was my wireless extender and purchased a new one (needlessly

was unable to help.  He connected me to the next level up who was also unable to help.  I imagine that the problem is system wide.

Liz

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the community. Our engineers were working on this and have already addressed this concern with YouTube (and Netflix). If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post again in the community.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I am new to this community, and the posts mirror my frustrations. I cannot stream anything. I understand about capacity issues. I upped my speed thinking that would help, but it hasn't. Pretty frustrated that I cannot access any streaming service (or the quality is so poor that it is unwatchable, and then it cuts out). How can I get help??

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Given the pandemic and the issues with congestion due to so many people using the system as they work and learn from home, at this time streaming may not be possible or may be very difficult.  

susanwilmo wrote:

I am new to this community, and the posts mirror my frustrations. I cannot stream anything. I understand about capacity issues. I upped my speed thinking that would help, but it hasn't. Pretty frustrated that I cannot access any streaming service (or the quality is so poor that it is unwatchable, and then it cuts out). How can I get help??

"I upped my speed "

How did you do that?  Everyone that's still within their plan's data usage has the same speed. Period.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.