Cannot stream anything

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendyv001
New Poster

Cannot stream anything

I've spoke with Hughes Net customer care several times and they've sent out a technician who didn't fix anything and said "well I can't help you anymore so please sign here so I can go home." This same technician was texting me after 11pm the night before he was scheduled to come to my house with a time block of 2pm to 5pm. I told him I would not be home until just before 2. He text me at 11:30 pm demanding I text him my router password so he could get to my home earlier and get started. Strange thing is I received a call from Advanced Tech Suppiort (866-859-2275) from a gentleman troubleshooting my equipment from Texas who told me there was a part on my dish that was not working. He gave me a reference # in case I needed to call him back, and told me to make sure everything was working before the original tech left my home. The tech could not get Netflix to stream in my bedroom using the Joey but said there was no more he could do to help me. Ive tried reaching out to Advanced Tech Support and my pin has expired so I cannot get a person on the phone. I've had HughesNet since May 2nd, 2018 and have never been able to stream or watch anything on demand without continous buffering which I was told uses a lot more of my data when it is buffering. Completely dissappointed with their service and have gotten nowhere to get my issues resolved. 

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you still have the reference case number, you may want to post it here.  

Also, you may want to make sure you have not used up your data allowance.  That usually results in low speeds. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I still have plenty of data left, I did check that. 

Case #: [edited to protect your privacy]

The pin from the gentleman troubleshooting my equipment from Texas: 367025 expired on 7/29/18 then he gave me a second pin: 110098 which I expected would last longer but when I call Advanced Tech Department the recording says that pin has expired and I cannot reach a live person.....

maratsade

I'm tagging reps here and I hope someone will get back to you soon.

@Amanda

@Liz

@Brooke

@Hardy

Hi Wendy,

Glad you found the community, welcome! After reading what you've been through, I can understand your disappointment. You're in good hands now, we'll be sure to come to a resolution for you. I'm digging into your case history and will check with our engineers here at corporate regarding your case. 

Outside of streaming Netflix, how is your internet experience?

I see you have a Hopper and Wireless Hopper connected to your network. Are you using one of these to access Netflix?

Your understanding and cooperation are appreciated, looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Wendy, 

I ran more recent diagnostics on your site and saw that you have a desktop computer also connected to your network, but it only has fair signal strength to the wifi modem. If this is the machine on which you're watching Netflix, move the machine closer to the wifi modem, if possible. Let me know if that makes a difference in your streaming.

I appreciate your cooperation and hope to hear back soon.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@wendyv001

Do you have a laptop or desktop which has the ability to connect directly to the HT2000W modem with a LAN cable?  A LAN connection is the best, strongest connection there is, and it can help to determine whether the issue is with the WiFi connection.  

If moving the WiFi connected device closer to the modem, like Liz suggested, doesn't seem to help with the issue, trying the aforementioned LAN cable connected device might.  If it does, we'll know that the problem lies with the WiFi connection.  If not, we'll know that it doesn't.  Knowing either way will help to point in the direction of what to do next.  

Also, at least while trying the Netflix streaming, please ensure that other devices that use your HughesNet service are off.  This way we can be sure that all of the available bandwidth is going toward the Netflix streaming while troubleshooting the issue.    

@Liz

Sorry.  Not trying to step on your toes.  Just trying to help.  🙂  

No, you're good Gabe! Thank you for your help, it's certainly welcome!

GabeU

giphy (2).gif

Good morning Wendy,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.