cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upgrade service

Cannot upgrade service

I have been trying to upgrade my service plan to the Ultra plan for a while now. I called customer service to upgrade and was told there was an error, to wait a few days and my plan would be upgraded for me. Well a few days went by and guess what? No upgrade. So I call in again and was told they couldn't upgrade because there was currently another rep working on my account and that it would be upgraded soon. Again, no upgrade. I go on my.hughesnet.com and attempt to upgrade it myself. Everything appears as if the upgrade was accepted, except NO UPGRADE. I call AGAIN a couple of days later and was told that there was an error so they tried again about 3 times and then told me it was successfully upgraded. Except it wasn't. I have been stuck on this slow plan with 0 internet allowance for a long time and need it upgraded ASAP!
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Cannot upgrade service

Good morning jessalyndowd,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear this, we can certainly look further into this for you. I pulled up your account and see that you were one of our previous photo contest winners! My guess is that the special arrangements we placed on your account to accommodate for your free year might have to do with the difficulty in upgrading. Let me dig into this more and see what we can do. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Good morning to you. I have had similar problems upgrading and have had to come to the community for resolution a couple of times in the last year if that helps at all.
I really need this up and running asap, I manage an online business so this has been an urgent issue for me.

Good morning Jessalyn,

I have one of our billing folks here at corporate looking into why your account is running into this upgrade error. I'll keep you posted as soon as I get any updates.

Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Can I get some free GB allowance on my account in the meantime while you are working on this?

Hi Jessalyn,

I'm sorry, after reviewing your account history, I see you've exceeded all allowable complimentary tokens/credits.

Relating to your photo contest prize, we reached out to you and left you voicemail, please contact us on the number provided at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you.

Thanks,
Liz

When will this issue be resolved? I find it slightly ridiculous that i will have to spend money on tokens just to use service that should be part of my service plan. I have only recieved 2 complimentary GB nearly a week ago while waiting for this issue to be fixed.

I have returned the missed call yesterday and today but it went to voicemail both times.

Good morning Jessalyn,

Our billing contact can clear the upgrade error we're seeing. However, please do give us a call back on the number that was left for you before we do so, there's a lot to cover. If you do run into voicemail again, please leave a message. Our corporate representative who reached out to you is here today as well. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

I got in contact the the corporate representative. When will my service be usable?