Cannot upload/download ANY pictures or video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkblanki
Freshman

Cannot upload/download ANY pictures or video

This has been going on ever since I got the satellite internet from Hughes.  I have NEVER been able to upload or download pictures/videos via text messages.  I can do this via email, but not IM as i need.  Now that we are stuck at home, this has become a necessary function as my wife is a teacher and she is now required to upload videos of herself teaching.  I don't know WHAT is going on, but this needs to work.  HELP....

14 REPLIES 14
dkblanki
Freshman

Also, YouTube uploads do not work either.

Hi dkblanki,

Thanks for posting. Please check this article on work from home tips, there is a section for video uploads as well: https://www.hninfo.us/worktips

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

thanks.  I did already look through the tips and hints - they are not relevant to my problem as there seems to be something blocking ALL video from either coming or going.  is there a modem setting on the HT2000W?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Right now, YouTube is not working, and it may have to do with congestion or with issues with CenturyLink, which provides internet backbone most of the country's ISPs.   It's not a HN issue, though they're investigating all of the problems we subscribers are experiencing.  Given the country is in chaos right now, we may need to be very, very patient. 

dkblanki wrote:

thanks.  I did already look through the tips and hints - they are not relevant to my problem as there seems to be something blocking ALL video from either coming or going.  is there a modem setting on the HT2000W?

No streaming services work for me either such as Youtube and Netflix. I understand that the country is in chaos and more people are on line at once than ever before but I should not have to pay over a hundred dollars a month for e-mail. Hughesnet should not be charging me for services I am not receiving. The problem may not be the fault of HughesNet but it is not my fault either. You (HughesNet) better figure this out. Another issue may be households with multiple people with multiple devices all watching multiple things could be causing the overload.

I agree with you!  Haven't been able to use YouTube at all for 3 days now!  My neighbor can't either!

Hi dkblanki, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Try turning off the Video Data Saver... I had the same issue.. turned that off and now I can at least slowly upload and watch YouTube.  Better than it stalling and never starting.  Low Rez only for me but 360p seems OK with some buffering.  TJ

No, please don't turn off the video data saver. People are doing this en-masse and it's clogging the system.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Totally frustrated!  Can't get through to tech support through chat or phone...still no videos!

maratsade

"This has been going on ever since I got the satellite internet from Hughes."

When did your subscription begin?

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

dkblanki wrote:

This has been going on ever since I got the satellite internet from Hughes.  I have NEVER been able to upload or download pictures/videos via text messages.  I can do this via email, but not IM as i need.  Now that we are stuck at home, this has become a necessary function as my wife is a teacher and she is now required to upload videos of herself teaching.  I don't know WHAT is going on, but this needs to work.  HELP....

Liz

Hi dkblanki,

Is your SAN (account number) the one ending in 704? Can you please describe in detail what happens when trying upload videos to YouTube? What do you mean by blocking YouTube?  We are not blocking any sites. The more info about what is happening would better help us understand the concern. 

If the 704 account is yours, the diagnostics I ran on your site shows the HughesNet equipment working normally. The only notable things are:

-there are 12 connected devices, all with good signal strength, with the exception of "ESP_48B08E"

-there is no more Anytime Data, so speeds are reduced

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

I have the same issue. I was speaking with a rep about this the other day and she stopped talking to me! 

It seems there are certain sites which HughesNet is throttling completely. For me, I cannot access anything related to iCloud (I can text, but cannot send pics, gifs, vids, no iCal, no email, no access the site iCloud.com), Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.

Now, I cannot download/upload anything at all. I cannot even access my.hughesnet.com. It's completely down.

What's worse, When I contact customer services, I either can't get through, or we start the conversation and they just stop responding.

I feel guilty because I convinced my family to go with them. But now there is competition in the area, so as soon as our contract, is up...deuces Hughes!! 😉 

Good luck!

maratsade

" I have the same issue. I was speaking with a rep about this the other day and she stopped talking to me! "

Next time, try not being rude. 

"It seems there are certain sites which HughesNet is throttling completely."

You are spreading misinformation and utter nonsense. HN is not throttling or blocking any sites. They're actually trying to figure out what the issue is with iCloud and other sites that are currently not loading.  It is a known issue, and they are working on it. 

"What's worse, When I contact customer services, I either can't get through, or we start the conversation and they just stop responding."

The pandemic is affecting call/chat volume and is overstressing the system.  Try to have some understanding of the impact the chaos we're in right now is having on everything, including hospitals, businesses, schools, and yes, ISPs. 

Why wait until your contract is up? If you're so disgruntled, pay the ETF and go on your merry way. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

osullivan shared some nonsense: