cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot watch videos

Re: Cannot watch videos

Thanks for the replies! I'll try the test when I have time. This happens even after the first of the month when our data is full. Pretty disappointing. 

Working on it, however my connection is currently so slow that I cannot download Java as needed by the Hughesnet speed test. 
Alum

Hi Heather,

Please let us know when you do, so we can continue to assist you.

- Chris

My experience is that the connection speed is so slow that even If I wanted to watch a Netflix video, it wouldn't connect anyway. I purchased a top end wireless router to use, and my IPad can hardly connect to FaceBook the speed is so slow. I haven't run speed tests, and evidently from reading posts today, (my first time in community forum), I need to do so.

I use my Verizon hotspot for my IPad or my laptop, and let the wife and daughter use the HughesNet.  There is a windows desktop plugged directly into the modem, but it is slow on everything as well. I do not use Verizon for NetFlix because it uses about 2GB per movie. 
Alum

Hi gscates,

Thanks for posting and welcome. Please run the speed tests, create a new post with the results so we can better assist you. I am confused though. How are you directly connected to the modem and using router? Do you mean you their is a LAN connection from the router to the desktop? 

- Chris
New Poster

The best way to use Hughesnet to watch video is to download the file to a local area network storage device.  Then you can watch the video, movie, etc from the storage device.  Nice thing is you can watch the video more than once without affecting your Hughesnet quota   :-)

Hey Chuck

You reminded me - I've subscribed to YouTube Red the newest subscription service and they let me download videos on the fly. I have a small data allowance on my phone (500MB a month) and I download them while at WiFi locations and then listen to them when working out or at the grocery store. YouTube Red lets you set yourself to "offline" and listen to music you've found on YouTube that you liked and downloaded on your device (phone tablet etc)

Amanda

I

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same problem. Above are my speed test result... but I have no idea what you do. Help would be appreciated.