Hughesnet Community

Cannot watch videos

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heatherwhitney

Cannot watch videos

I've had HughesNet for a few months now and have yet to be able to watch a video. I have a smarttv and cannot use it. I can't even watch tiny gif's! 
27 REPLIES 27
firelitefoto

Hughsnet provides HT1100 modem. Self provided Netherlands N600 wireless Dual band router. Teying to play video on Samsung GS6 via wifi. Or on I Mac plugged directly to modem. Neither play for more than 3 to 5 seconds without needing to rebuffer. Doesn't matter if HD, or SD.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you over data limit, throttled? Are boxes at the top of page green when you go here: http://192.168.0.1/ ?

Need to concentrate on getting things working first with computer plugged directly into modem before moving on to the S6 with router. Do not stream in HD simply because it will eat through your allowance regardless if it works well or not.

What is speed test result with computer plugged directly into modem?
firelitefoto

Full data not throttled, boxes green, test on computer direct connection were the same. I don't stream on HD. Just standard. On ran HD to test.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So what is Testmy.net result on computer connected directly? Above test in on WiFi. Also be sure to run manual 12 MB download test. Post image of that result, three or four spaced about five minutes apart.
firelitefoto

Oddly enough. I cleared my browser cash and video cash on both computer and s6... now running fine. Who knows. Thanks for your imput. I'll keep it testing for a few days and if it crashes again I'll post. Thank you!!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for the thanks. 🙂
Chris11
Alum

Thanks for the help BirdDog, and firelitefoto, I'm glad everything is back to normal. If you do find yourself needing help again. Please create a new post.

Thanks,
Chris