cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to Gmail account to send or receive email.

Liz

Re: Cant connect to Gmail account to send or receive email.

Hi everyone, 

Seems like our engineers tried something to resolve your concerns. Please let me know if you're able to access e-mail now so I can give our engineers your feedback.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jrothaway
New Poster

I just downloaded mail on my iPad. Thanks very much for your prompt and effective service!!

Liz

Thank you for your confirmation, jrothaway! I let the engineers know. I hope to hear from the others too.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bare65

Interesting.  I use both Windows Live Mail and GMail, sometimes forwarding mail between them, and I forward my Hughes.net mail to the former.  I've not experienced any issues as of yet.  I also have a second Hughes.net mail connected to Thunderbird that I use for other communications, and no problems with that, either.  

With this said, though, I don't use Outlook.  

Hopefully, whoever it is that needs figure this out does so, so all of you can use your email with ease.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
RG
Sophomore

Same problem happening again! Cannot connect to Gmail, tried all specs. Last time this happened Google and Hughes had to get together and work it out! Tech was no help.
RG
Sophomore

Found a answer online blog. Go to your Gmail ,once there go to your account in upper right corner. Find the Security "Apps with account access" scroll down and turn on"Allow less secure apps", now i get email to my Outlook 2016 from Gmail. Remember to turn off the imap and use pop only as i turned on both and did not work. Hope this helps people as Gmail has to over engineer their Gmail so it will crash on you.