Highlighted
New Poster

Case ID: 100314058 phone problems waiting on a response no dial tone

Case ID: 100314058  phone problems waiting on a response  no dial tone
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Case ID: 100314058 phone problems waiting on a response no dial tone

johnd49,

The reps will be back on Monday.  They are on M-F from 8AM or so to 5PM.  Just letting you know. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello JohnD

Thank you for your post. I was able to locate your account with that case number and quickly review the notes. It appears from the case number you provided that you spoke with one of our agents and let them know you would call back if you had still had issues after power cycling your equipment. I do see that you called back and it was not working, another agent provided further instructions and notated that you would again call back.

The issue based on the notations appears that the equipment may not be hooked up correctly. Can you let me know what order you have the modem, ATA and router hooked up? 

Thanks
Amanda
Alum

Hello John,

For reference on how to hook up the ATA here is some direction

Your remote diagnostics show that your modem and internet connection on which the Voice service relies are good, so we can eliminate that as a cause. 

Please confirm that your ATA is set up properly with cables secured on each end; it should look like this:

If you don't already have this, this is the user guide for your Voice service: http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide/ Page ten is where it goes into detail about how where to plug everything in. It's very important that if you have a router, that the ATA is between the modem and the router. If the router is connected to the modem first, and the ATA is connected to the router, that can cause problems. 

Then please ensure this is the power supply that's plugged into the ATA:

Then at the back of the ATA, make sure your phone is plugged into the PHONE 1 port. The HughesNet modem should be plugged into the INTERNET port. Finally, if applicable, your router should be plugged into the ETHERNET port. 

If any connection feels loose, please let me know, that could be a cause of no dial tone.

After verifying your setup, please let me know which lights you see lit up on the ATA. Under normal conditions, all three lights should be solid green. 

Your cooperation and patience are much appreciated and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Chris