Charged for data I am not using

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drfranks
New Poster

Charged for data I am not using

Since I got Hughesnet, my service has not been good.  I was given a discount for several months.  The person I spoke to online was hard to understand through the phone connection but sounded like it was a hardware issue that would be fixed in a few months.  This month my bill went up so supposed to be fixed?  Still less than 1Mb upload tonight.  The more recent problem is last month my data got used up in a few days.  I don't think I was even on the computer.  We don't stream anything.  My plan renewed a few days ago.  I have the wireless disabled on the HN router and it feeds into my router.  I reset my statistics so I see each IP and the byte count starts at zero.  I just refreshed the byte count and I used 1.26 GB since the reset.  HN is said I used 6.6 GB.  So is HN having retransmission issues and charging me?  My modem has the stats for every IP in the house, wired or wireless.  I have suspected a hardware problem with the equipment I received but when someone came out to check it they thought it was fine.  The installer said I had the best signal he had seen in 3 months.  So why do I have so many slowness problems and this mysterious missing data?  

20 REPLIES 20