Chat not working on my end for tech support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanb92
New Poster

Chat not working on my end for tech support

7 times using chat for tech support on 3 different devices and they claim they are not receiving my text responses so they disconnect.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Deanb92 

Unfortunately, the reps here won't be back until Monday, so they won't be able to look into any chat help issues until then.  In the meantime, you can call 866-347-3292 to get help if you need it right away, or if it can wait a couple of days you can post of the issue here and the reps can look into whatever it is when they get back.  With that said, depending on what the issue is, fellow subscribers may be able to help, as well.  

If you do post of your issue here, it would be best to start a new topic since it would be separate from the issue of this particular one (chat help issues).

Liz

Good morning Dean,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I was able to locate your account and review the case notes from your last contact with support. The chat logs also indicate that after the chat initiated, there were no incoming messages from your end.

From what I can see in the case notes, you are experiencing no dial tone with your HughesNet Voice service, I can help with that.

Please confirm that your ATA is set up properly with cables secured on each end. If you don't already have this, this is the setup guide for your Voice service; please refer the guide to ensure your connections are correct and secured. 

It's very important that if you have a router, that the ATA is between the modem and the router. If the router is connected to the modem first, and the ATA is connected to the router, that can cause problems. 

At the back of the ATA, make sure your phone is plugged into the PHONE 1 port. The HughesNet modem should be plugged into the INTERNET port. Finally, if applicable, your router should be plugged into the ETHERNET port. 

If any connection feels loose, please let me know, that could be a cause of no dial tone.

After verifying your setup, please let me know which lights you see lit on the ATA. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Dean,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!