cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat personnel just quit the chat without notice?

Re: Chat personnel just quit the chat without notice?

I did speed tests this morning, take a look at the difference before and after 8:00, I got the highest speed I've ever got just a few seconds ago and 10 min ago it was 22% slower than the Hughes average!

Just realized I'm in the wrong account again...
Highlighted

It was pouring down the rain when I got 21 Mbps, Seems like rain makes it faster... Except when it rains so hard I can't see my driveway... That's when it goes out... It'd be kind of hard for anything to go through that.
Distinguished Professor IV

A peak usage spike is nothing unusual.  It can happen at any time. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

In just 2 min I went from 21 Mbps to 3 Mbps lol! YouTube only working at 0.4 Mbps.
Alum

Hi Michael,

I see the recent tests you've run. Although the last two were low this is not unusual. When it stays consistently low that is when there is cause for concern. Those tests are right before the usage switches from bonus to anytime. More like outliers. How is your overall performance? Are you able to browse smoothly etc?

- Chris

It take about 5 seconds for Google to load, YouTube is always slow. So the system takes a half hour to 2 hours to switch from Bonus to Anytime?
Honorary Alumnus

So the system takes a half hour to 2 hours to switch from Bonus to Anytime?

No, the system switches data buckets right on time.

These are your THREE  sources of data: (from your Modems SCC @ 192.168.0.1)

(click picture for larger image)

Also from the SCC, you can see exactly when the "usage period" will change:

Alum

Hello Michael,

The tests I'm referring to are listed as being run a few minutes before 8 am. Which is right before the switch. As for browsing. What browser are you using? Have you installed an ad blocker extension. Here's one I use for Chrome. Helps with loading sites and other content faster since it blocks out many unwanted assets that websites like to use nowadays. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

As for YouTube, is this while directly connected to the modem or via WiFi? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Chris

I have Chrome with ABP installed, right now I am trying to update my computer and I am only getting 10 KB/s, as for YouTube it doesn't make a difference if I am connected  to the modem or my router.