Hughesnet Community

Chat personnel just quit the chat without notice?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sallynug

Chat personnel just quit the chat without notice?

I was on a Chat with Tina Pawn discussing my slow speeds during Bonus Bytes and she wanted to know what speedtest site I used and I told her SpeedTest.net and the "Stats for Nerds" box in a YouTube video I was trying to watch. First she tried to blame me not having Anytime data for the slowdown but it was BEFORE 8:00! My speeds were 700 Kilobits/s which is 0.7 Mbps, I saved a copy of the chat transcript and a screen shots of my speed tests.
19 REPLIES 19
sallynug

Well, as soon as my contract is up which is next month, I am dropping this service and getting Exede or NeuBeam when they come to my area
Chris11
Alum

Hi Sally,

Sorry to hear of your experience with our chat support. From your case notes it seems the chat disconnected but there is no indication why. However I do see that you requested that we help you troubleshoot your site once your data refills in May. I would rather get the ball rolling now so I will be adding token bandwidth to your account so that you can run speed tests for us to evaluate. 

Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Try to run these tests throughout the weekend. Especially during the times that you have seen are the worst for your site. Go to www.testmy.net and use 12 MB as the test size. Once you have a good pool of tests please post them here. We'll be able to escalate this to our engineers and have them work on your site.

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
Chris
sallynug

I just now seen that someone replied. I did many speed tests with testmy.net, I only averaged 0.7 Mbps, I called and the tech told me it was absolutely fine, it sounded like she had a bunch of kids screaming in the background and I heard cartoons playing, what is going on there?
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Can you post your results URL from testmy.net so your speeds can be looked at?  When signed in to testmy.net, click on the "Results" tab and copy and paste the URL into your post. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi sallynug,

Thanks for getting back to us. As mentioned please post your results URL or copy and paste them here. We'll need to verify and have you run more. These tests should only be run when you have bandwidth available. If you are in a throttled state with those results, then yes that is "normal". I'm sure we can help you get the most out of your service. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
sallynug
Chris11
Alum

Hi Sally,

Thanks for posting the link, we'll be able to see any and all tests run from now on. I noticed that the size used changed in your tests. Please only use 12 MB for download tests and 2 MB for upload tests. Quick question, are you only getting these results during the bonus period?

If you can please run a few more using the parameters I've explained. Take some time over the weekend and post again once you have done so. We'll use your results in our escalation to engineers, just need a good amount when doing so. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Have a great weekend!

Thank you,
Chris
AvidSurvivalist

I'll use my account instead of my Mums from now on, Anyways Windows Update took 9GB of data yesterday... I'll have to do speeds tests during Bonus Bytes only because I don't want to be throttled for the next 26 days.

Sometimes I get slow speeds all day and some days it's just during the bonus period, mainly between 6:00 and the end of Bonus Bytes, when 8:00 comes it seems to be normal-ish, the speeds fluctuate a lot.
AvidSurvivalist

Host Process for Windows Service used 84Mb today according to GlassWire, I like the UI of GlassWire but I like NetWorx's freeness and taskbar graph and you can set your data limit and it will alert you if you get close, I just divided my monthly by 31 and set it a daily limit.
sallynug

I did speed tests this morning, take a look at the difference before and after 8:00, I got the highest speed I've ever got just a few seconds ago and 10 min ago it was 22% slower than the Hughes average!

Just realized I'm in the wrong account again...
AvidSurvivalist

It was pouring down the rain when I got 21 Mbps, Seems like rain makes it faster... Except when it rains so hard I can't see my driveway... That's when it goes out... It'd be kind of hard for anything to go through that.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A peak usage spike is nothing unusual.  It can happen at any time. 
AvidSurvivalist

In just 2 min I went from 21 Mbps to 3 Mbps lol! YouTube only working at 0.4 Mbps.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Michael,

I see the recent tests you've run. Although the last two were low this is not unusual. When it stays consistently low that is when there is cause for concern. Those tests are right before the usage switches from bonus to anytime. More like outliers. How is your overall performance? Are you able to browse smoothly etc?

- Chris
AvidSurvivalist

It take about 5 seconds for Google to load, YouTube is always slow. So the system takes a half hour to 2 hours to switch from Bonus to Anytime?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

So the system takes a half hour to 2 hours to switch from Bonus to Anytime?

No, the system switches data buckets right on time.

These are your THREE  sources of data: (from your Modems SCC @ 192.168.0.1)

(click picture for larger image)

Also from the SCC, you can see exactly when the "usage period" will change:

Chris11
Alum

Hello Michael,

The tests I'm referring to are listed as being run a few minutes before 8 am. Which is right before the switch. As for browsing. What browser are you using? Have you installed an ad blocker extension. Here's one I use for Chrome. Helps with loading sites and other content faster since it blocks out many unwanted assets that websites like to use nowadays. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

As for YouTube, is this while directly connected to the modem or via WiFi? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Chris
AvidSurvivalist

I have Chrome with ABP installed, right now I am trying to update my computer and I am only getting 10 KB/s, as for YouTube it doesn't make a difference if I am connected  to the modem or my router.
AvidSurvivalist