cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco SPA112 Internet Telephony Adapter Not Working (As of Feb. 7, 2017)

Highlighted

Cisco SPA112 Internet Telephony Adapter Not Working (As of Feb. 7, 2017)

Hello,

I just got off the telephone with my home alarm company.  Our alarm system uses a Cisco SPA112 Internet Telephony Adapter using a SIP Protocol to communicate with the monitoring company.  They use Ports 5060, 5065, 9000-9049, and 16384-16482.

As of February 7th, the system stopped working properly.  Although the Cisco Adapter is calling the alarm company when the system detects an alarm, they are not receiving specific signals related to the exact nature of that alarm.

Like the issues that people are describing in this post:

https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/problem-with-ipad-messaging-over-hughes-net-not-oth...

I believe that this problem is directly related to some change that HughesNet engineers made on February 7th.  Switching the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 solved the issues described in that post, but there are these unresolved problems with my home alarm's ability to communicate with the alarm monitoring company.  This issue is more serious because it puts us at risk for burglaries and fires with no response from the monitoring company.

If your engineers need further information, they can call me at 760-415-2670 and/or I can put them in touch with a technical support professional with whom I have been working at my alarm monitoring company.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Cisco SPA112 Internet Telephony Adapter Not Working (As of Feb. 7, 2017)

Thanks! I'll send this info to the engineers, hopefully it will turn on some lightbulbs. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Re: Cisco SPA112 Internet Telephony Adapter Not Working (As of Feb. 7, 2017)

Thanks Liz.  I appreciate your help.