cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wudrest
Sophomore

Community. Service.

Community. Service.
So I guess it has come to this. What do we all want. In a service we want the best service for our money. I have had HughesNet for about a year now. The service is awful. I have a year left on my contract which can’t come soon enough. I hate to see the bill notices because I know I am not getting what I am paying for. I have read on this community site. I see what others do, the steps they take for nothing or even worse, the run a round. I have already gotten the run around, one of the mods told me I was posting in the wrong place.  The past year my wife says call them. They don’t know you are having a problem unless you call. I said it is a waste of time. So finally she grew frustrated with the lack of service and called. I didn’t time it but let’s say it was 30 min. More like triple that.  They upgraded our data allowance for 3 months. I have to cancel the upgrade. For lack of service. Bottom line. I am a bottom line guy. I cannot tell a difference in speed when I have data and when I don’t. Service is awful both times. I bought a phone signal booster for $400. I get better internet today on it. In fact that is what I am using now. Verizon unlimited and a signal booster. I am paying out my contract then canceling this awful service. If anyone knows of a classical mcaction against hughesNet I would like to know about it because the only thing that can make this transaction fair is for them to give all of my money back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Next step Att General for the state of Arkansas.  I want my money back. Sevice not provided as described.

Case Number 108593826

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Well my actual problem is that HughesNet installed my service incorrectly.  The installer had his speakerphone on.  My wife has called but no results other than increasing my data.  I am positive that the technology exists to get internet in the woods of rural AR. But HughesNet has not shown me they know how faster than dialup speeds. Constant buffering. Only one more year of my contract. Today I am reconnecting to my old internet provider. I don’t live in the house much. Once a week or so. I will just use that as my download day where I will have something to watch when I return to my HughesNet provider.