cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community notification emails have stopped.

Liz

Re: Community notification emails have stopped.

Good morning Gabe,

Thanks so much for all this feedback. I'll let them know about the inbox indicators. Curious to see how your e-mail tests with MSN work out.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz 

The 3rd direct email test, sent at 6:33PM yesterday, came through at 9:08AM this morning.  So, all test emails from hughes.net directly to MSN thus far have now come through.

There have been seven Community notifications thus far today, starting at 5:59AM.  Only the last three have been received at my MSN.  The first of the three received at MSN was fifteen minutes after it was received at hughes.net, and the last two were received at MSN immediately.  

I just tried direct email test #7 and #8, and those two were received at my MSN address immediately.

Edit:  At least for the time being I'm going to change back to the hughes >> Gmail >> MSN forwarding scheme.  Since originally writing this reply there were three notifications, but only one was forwarded to MSN.  I'll change it back later tonight to see if it works again in between the time I sign off tonight and sign back on tomorrow, as I normally get a decent number of Community notifications during that time.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Thanks Gabe!

I'm just making sure I get everything straight, please correct me if I'm wrong:

-All test e-mails sent directly from the HN account to your MSN account arrived immediately except for last night's which came the next morning.

-7 community notification emails arrived in the HN account, but only 3 successfully forwarded to MSN.

-The first successful forward had a 15 min delay, but the other 2 were immediately.

-No bounce or emails indicating an error for the 4 notification emails that failed to forward to MSN.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

@Liz 

That's all correct.  

For some reason, the only time I get a failure notification is when it's a direct email to my MSN, and then only when it actually fails outright, and when that happens it's nearly always right after I try to send it that I get the failure note.  This is why I figured the ones from last night might actually still make it, which they eventually did.  There are never any failure notifications from the forwards that don't make it.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

OK thanks for the confirmation. Maybe failed forwards don't trigger error emails, but hopefully our e-mail admins can see something more on their end. I'll let them know about this as well as the persistent incorrect inbox indicator.

-Liz

Liz

Good morning Gabe,

I have some requests from the e-mail admins regarding the forwarding issue and the notification issue:

About forwarding, can you please e-mail me the full header of the first forwarded email that was successfully was received but was 15 min late? The header might not fit in PM so you can paste it into email or even forward the email itself to us at communitysupport@hughes.com.

For the notification issue, for troubleshooting purposes, is it OK for the e-mail admins to mark everything in the inbox as read?

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

About forwarding, can you please e-mail me the full header of the first forwarded email that was successfully was received but was 15 min late? The header might not fit in PM so you can paste it into email or even forward the email itself to us at communitysupport@hughes.com. 

I no longer had it at my hughes.net address, as I've been deleting emails there for the purpose of both trying to make it easier to keep things straight regarding all of this and in an attempt to fix the Inbox indicator issue, so I had to forward it from my MSN mail.  I hope that's okay, though this may be what you wanted.  It sounds like they want to be able to see the past emails for troubleshooting purposes, so I'll stop deleting them from my hughes.net webmail.

@Liz wrote:

For the notification issue, for troubleshooting purposes, is it OK for the e-mail admins to mark everything in the inbox as read?

Yes, this is fine.

Liz

OK great! Once you're able to get a copy of a delayed forward (if it happens again) please send it my way.

I'll let the admins know they can mark your emails as read.

Thank you!

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

OK great! Once you're able to get a copy of a delayed forward (if it happens again) please send it my way. 

So, for the sake of clarity, what I just sent was what you needed, and if it happens, resend the new one, and in the same way?  

Or, do you need me to forward it from hughes.net itself and not from MSN?

Liz

Ah, I see your email. The e-mail admins would like the header for the email. You may have to check in the email properties or expand something at the top of the email to view the full header. They're more interested in the info in the headers than the body of the email, so doesn't matter from where you send it. I hope that made sense.

-Liz