cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community notification emails have stopped.

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Community notification emails have stopped.

@Liz 

I tried manually forwarding your message to MSN, but it did not make it.  No failure notice.

However, I changed the automatic forwarding at hughes.net back from Gmail to MSN, then sent two messages from Gmail to hughes.net and they DID forward to MSN.  

I then sent four direct emails from hughes.net MSN.  Tests 19, 20, 21 and 22.  Thus far, tests 19, 21 and 22 have come through.  Test 20 has not.  Those three came through immediately, as did the two forwards.  Test 20 has not given a failure notice.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Thanks Gabe, so it seems it's mostly working, but a couple of emails (one fwd, one direct) haven't arrived yet. I'll relay this to the e-mail admins.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz 

Direct to MSN email test #20 and the forwarded email made it through to MSN today at 11:21AM and 11:22AM, respectively.  A little over 18 hours after being sent. 

I tried two direct emails to MSN and, with my hughes.net forwarding set back to MSN, three automatic forwards originating from Gmail (Gmail >> Hughes >> MSN).  Everything came through at MSN, though the first of the forwards was slightly delayed (30 seconds or so).

When I first signed into email the Inbox number issue went away after I deleted the one email that was still in the inbox (the forward request from yesterday).  I then closed email and reopened it, and that pesky 32 was back.  After that I performed the above tests. 

Still no Community notifications being sent to my hughes email.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Hi Gabe

I checked in with the email team yesterday and learned the following - my apologies if Liz has already explained some or all of this:

Our email provider was able to reproduce this issue and confirmed they can manually resolve these instances. However, they did say they would prefer to roll out a permanent fix rather than handling these one by one (which doesn't solve the problem as a whole). I do not have an ETA to give you on when that fix will be out, since it doesn't seem that they've developed the fix itself yet. In any case, I think it is at least notable they've reproduced it, which (if they can't) is 99% of the reason we cannot progress to solutions. 

Hope you are well

Amanda

@Amanda 

Thank you for the updated info.  I certainly appreciate it.  🙂

Hey Gabe,

Just wanted to pop in and see if you have checked on this bug recently?  I received a notification that it should be fixed now. Unclear on if its across the board/permanent, but I will find out.

Just realized I didn't clarify - the issue that should be resolved is forwarding to MSN. Are you able to do that now?

@Amanda 

Yep!  As of this evening, both automatic forwarding from hughes to MSN and direct emails from hughes to MSN are working.  🙂

Now, if there were only some Community Notifications to forward.  😁

Hi Gabe,

Glad to see the forwards and direct mails to MSN are working again. That's still the case now?

Regarding the community email notifications, we're working on that and hope to get an explanation and resolution for why this keeps happening. I'll keep you posted!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz 

Ironically enough, not only does the forwarding appear to still be working, but your reply here is the first Community notification email I've received in quite some time.  

I hope it continues.  🙂