Community notifications not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Community notifications not working

Mods, it seems the community notifications may have stopped working.  I have them set to go to my HN email and a trigger such as a PM sends a notification virtually instantaneously.  That stopped sometime yesterday morning. I've received PMs and other things that would trigger notifications since then, and there have been no notifications.  In the large scheme of things this is not  a problem, really, but I wanted to let you know.   @GabeU is having the same issue.

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Good morning maratsade,

Thanks for letting us know. Just to be sure, you're referring to the e-mail notifications and not the pop-up notifications in the bottom right corner when you're on the community?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Email notifications, yes. Not popups. 🙂

Thanks, maratsade! On our end, the option to send e-mails for Private Messages, for example, has been unchanged; it's still enabled. So PM notifications are emailed to your HN address, are you saying those email notifications aren't showing up even if you check via webmail? (Not sure if you're forwarding HN to an e-mail client).

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

I do both, check them via Webmail and also have them forwarded to another account.  Normally I can see them in both accounts, and they show up instantaneously in HN Webmail.

I checked Webmail and it stopped receiving notifications yesterday at around 11:30 am.  

I checked my settings and they haven't changed.  

I think it's likely a fluke and it'll pass; and it's not even a problem for me, as I can easily just check the community, but I wanted to make you aware of the possibility that something might've gone wonky. 🙂

Thanks for checking! 🙂

Ok thank you for these details, maratsade, it helps! We'll look into this.

Thanks,

Liz

maratsade

Thank you, Liz!

EDIT:  I just checked HN Webmail, and got a notification of a PM that was sent yesterday at 9:47 pm.  I got the notification today at 11:50 am. 

Hi folks,

I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread since I haven't seen any more reports about this. If something funky happens again with the notifications, just start a new one. Thanks!

-Liz

GabeU

MIne finally started coming through again, though they were all jumbled, order wise, including ones that I should have gotten yesterday being scattered throughout today's.  I'll have to keep my eye on it, but hopefully it will work out the bugs.  

Good morning folks,

Thanks for the update Gabe. It might be a temporary thing. Our e-mail admins saw a hiccup on somewhere along the email stream. Please keep an eye out over the course of the next week to see if it's back to normal, if not I'll bug our admins again.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz