Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community vs. Paid Support vs. Knowledge Base vs. Geographic Variations

Re: Community vs. Paid Support vs. Knowledge Base vs. Geographic Variations

Here's the detailed view

Good morning Jay,

I definitely want to get to the bottom of this, can you please post your SAN so I can review your account?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks Liz. Screenshot attached.

Hi Jay,

Thanks. I reviewed your account notes and don't see anything about buying tokens, especially up to 10 tokens, for troubleshooting. I'll take your word for it that someone told you this, so I went ahead and credited your account $160. This way we can just focus on your data usage concerns. I'll have your case escalated so we can get those usage reports in the Support Center working again for you. I'll post back once I have an update for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks Liz. +24 hours in and looking good so far on both Status Meter and on my router per device and LAN port accounting. But still blank "No Data Available" on http://my.hughesnet.com/dashboard/cmcdashboard/view_dashboard.pyt?dashboardName=Usage#Internet Usage

Good morning Jay,

Yes, I've escalated this particular issue with the lack of data in your usage reports. Once I have any news from the developers on that, I will post back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the escalation.

I wasn't able to make an update after your last reply due to travel but I wanted to let you know that the late evening of January 22 early morning of January 23 appears to have exhausted all of our Bonus Bytes.

I can't see anything on my router that supports any device or devices consuming an aggregate of ~9GB in just a few late night hours.

Yes, the "No Data Available" persists both for SAN/SiteID.

Yes, the "No Data Available" persists for "Internet Usage". 

This is obviously very frustrating and I can't help but wonder what is truly taking place with the service or how we get to the bottom of this. :-\

Also, we're planning on taking a 5-6 day trip coming up this week. So, our ability to troubleshoot will be limited.

Thanks,
Jay

Good morning Jay,

Regarding your unidentified data usage, we highly recommend keeping it simple and connecting one computer directly to the modem first to help determine where the spike in data usage originates.

You may want to look into using a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it:https://www.glasswire.com

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Liz,

I already use an ASUS router running Linux to track my network. That's the origin of my confusion since nothing is accounting for this on the wired or wireless interfaces.

For example, last night saw another ~1.2GB disappear at around 2am (MST) which makes no sense.

My travel schedule should permit me to perform a full shutdown of the LAN side to have an "offline" test starting on Wednesday evening / Thursday morning.

Thanks,
Jay

Good morning Jay, 

Looking forward to hearing back about the HughesNet modem isolation test. We just want to ensure that the source of the unidentified data usage is not on our side. Beyond the modem, I can only make suggestions as to locate possible data leaks.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz