Community website accress required a modem reboot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Community website accress required a modem reboot

Before I was able to access the Community this morning I had to reboot the Hughes Modem. I was getting "page cannot be displayed" errors.

56 REPLIES 56
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Capture.JPG

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hrm, ima test Macros here, seems they may be broken... 

Please perform the following test outlined in the graphic below, this is known as an isolation test and will help determine whether the issue is with Hughesnet or your local network.

photo datahog2_zpsijjnkamn.jpg

1: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter
2: Disconnect the LAN cable from the modem.  If on the HT2000w, please disable wifi as well.
3: Note the date and time of the disconnect, it is best when doing step two, to also capture the time displayed on your screen.
4: Leave the LAN cable disconnected from the modem for several hours, Hughesnet recommends doing this overnight, or during the day while at work.
5: Reconnect the LAN cable to the modem.
6&7: Take a screen capture of the Status Meter with the clock displayed on your computer.
8: Post your screenshots to the community.

Please be aware, if you downloaded any large files just prior to this test, or if the disconnect was for an extensive time period, some usage may appear to have occured, but should be rather negligible. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Amanda wrote:

Thanks for the updates. Anyone getting errors like 504 bad gateway when trying to access my.hughesnet.com?

Also, Ricky, if you signed into the Support Center then came to community using the e-mail that has 'h24' in it you would be in your original Ricky account with all the history 🙂

The error seems to have cleared up for now.  I'm unable to replicate the errors from before.  I was getting a message that read "there has been an error, try again later," and when trying to load up the support page, an error that read "this site is down for maintenance."  I wasn't getting any 504 errors.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

For the ones using Macros, make sure you are doing it in "Rich Text" mode, and not copy/pasting them in that mode (you must be in HTML mode if you wish to directly copy/paste HTML), otherwise they don't show properly.  Must use the Macro button on the right side.

Thanks everyone 🙂 Looks as of a few minutes ago it was fixed! Let me know if you still have issues with getting on Support Center or community.

Amanda

Yes I saw it. I am working with Amanda through PM.

EDIT....Yippee it worked. Got my old username back. Thanks Amanda!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Congrats Ricky!!!  Only took getting a proper forum to fix it 🙂

Now if only someone fixed the darned notification popup that I can't see and post titles lol  Oh and re-order threads by most recent post, seems it wasn't a direct database copy, but a script that copy/pasted things as it could, so it seems things may have gotten outta order?

Another issue I had while working with her was I could not reply to her PM. I also could not see her entire message. Am I looking in the wrong place?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Ricky, when looking at the "Inbox" for personal messages, you must click the "title" as well to view it all.  Also, if im not mistaken, we can only reply to moderators and message them directly when they allow it per user.  It's to help keep people from spamming out their inbox.

It seem to be in order here if you scroll down a little on the main page:The Order.PNG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Can the auto logout time be extended? A bit of a pain when leave for 5 minutes then have to log back in. I know, old cranky man question.

maratsade

@BirdDog wrote:

Can the auto logout time be extended? A bit of a pain when leave for 5 minutes then have to log back in. I know, old cranky man question.

I agree with this. It logs out way too fast. Maybe there could be a "keep me logged in" option.

I don't think it is supposed to be that aggressive... will have to get back to you all on the sign out options.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I don't have to keep logging back in, but I have noticed that when I view the subforums from the main page, it appears as if I am not logged in...

I would like to see a "Go to last post" button. I can click on the last page but then have to scroll down to see the most recent post. I know petty but nice feature to have.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It should be auto-scrolling to the last post once it's done loading, there are settings in your options to change that, but by default it should go to last post...

Ummm, maybe I am not waiting long enough for that to happen. Thanks!

"Jump to first unread post in a topic" is checked in my settings. However it is not jumping to the last post.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I don't have to keep logging back in, but I have noticed that when I view the subforums from the main page, it appears as if I am not logged in...

Not in my case, if a leave for a bit and come back it does appear I'm still logged in sometimes but have to log in again to post.

maratsade

" if a leave for a bit and come back it does appear I'm still logged in sometimes but have to log in again to post."

Ditto.  ETA: I also don't see any message telling me I have to login to post.  The post goes through but doesn't show up on the board. I have to login and create the post again in order for it to actually post.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Closed browser, come back 5 minutes later and this. Maybe closing browser also impacts but wouldn't think it should. Especially on personal versus public computer.

logon.JPG