Hughesnet Community

Completely off topic question regarding a Tracfone and a computer. Nothing to do with Hughesnet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Completely off topic question regarding a Tracfone and a computer. Nothing to do with Hughesnet.

I just figured I would ask in here as there seem to be quite a few techie people that would have an answer.  I just ordered a new Tracfone as I simply wanted a phone with which I could take a picture.  It also comes with triple minutes, as opposed to my existing phone with double minutes.  I ordered an LG 305C, which will be replacing my existing Samsung S150G.  And before anyone brings it up, I am aware that the existing phone uses AT&T for the carrier and the new one uses Verizon (C vs G in the model number).  I'll have coverage. 

My question is this.  The new phone has both Wifi and Bluetooth.  Does this mean that I will be able to transfer pictures or videos taken with the phone to my computer using the Wifi and Bluetooth (not at the same time, of course)?  If with Wifi, will it connect directly to my wifi in my computer, or will I have to do it through my wireless router?  If with Bluetooth, it just connects directly, right?

Yes, I know it's Tracfone, but considering that I've only used it for 12 minutes over the last 23 months and that I only have it for emergencies, it's all I need.  I still have a landline, and will for a long time to come. 

Thanks for the help.    

25 REPLIES 25
GabeU

A watch with a phone, camera, GPS and HDTV with Netflix capabilities.  Oh, it'll have a brand new "digital" speaker system that sounds like it's a full sized stereo, too.  Oops...lets not forget your pulse, as well. 
Mordacious

But will it tell time?????
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Yes, but in GMT format.

Amanda

IMO moving data via bluetooth is old school! Really should invest in a USB cable for that phone so you can charge it anywhere and transfer data. I always keep a spare USB handy in the car.

Amanda
GabeU

It came with a USB cable, but didn't say so in the description when I ordered it, which is why I was asking all of the questions.  After discovering this, I just did it with the Bluetooth to see if it could be done with such a cheap phone.

Even still, being that, on average, I use a cell phone for about 25 seconds per month, the Bluetooth would be fine.  If I spoke on the previous one for just under 11 minutes in a little over two years, just imagine how many photos I'll be taking.  LOL.  Probably five years from now I'll have a collection of three or four photos.