cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliments to the Community

Highlighted
Freshman

Compliments to the Community

We are new to satellite internet and phone service and it has been a frustrating learning curve for my husband and I. We recently moved to an area in Virginia that has limited service offerings. Hughes Net was the best we could do.
We experienced immediate problems with our internet service going down several times a day. I quickly discovered that calling support for troubleshooting was a waste of time. I turned to the Community forums to figure out what was wrong and was able to do some things that fixed that. I saw a post that said if you are using satellite internet, get used to it not working as well as cable. You have satellite because that is all you can get. I changed my frustration to acceptance that things have changed.
Last week, while I was out of town, the phone service stopped working. My husband emailed Hughes Net support and of course they told him to call so they could troubleshoot! I got on to Community and found many suggestions from people on what to do to try and fix. I emailed them to him and he was able to get the phone working again.
These experiences have taught me to use the Community instead of trying Hughes Net phone or chat support. You really do have to do the work yourself with this company. Instead of railing against the company, buckle down and start researching things for yourself.
I will say that it seems the Official reps on the forums do try to help people.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Compliments to the Community

Good morning cwescott92,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I'm glad to hear you were able to find solutions here in the community; that's why we're here!

Feel free to come back if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.