Comstant Buffering!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annesheley
New Poster

Comstant Buffering!

Come on, HughesNet. I purchased the highest speed package you offer. And your crappy hispeed internet buffers whenever I watch any streaming. This sucks. Period! Someone needs to publish the truth about your fraudulent company.
Maybe I'll buffer my payments to you.
7 REPLIES 7
jcocke23
Sophomore

Sorry to hear your pain, but I am living it too. After 7pm, the internet is useless for any more than visiting a few basic webpages.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@annesheley

If you would like to address your speed issues, the reps will need some speed tests to be run, and run following a certain protocol.  If you do not already have an account at testmy.net you should create one.  You need to run the tests while signed into that account, using a single device that is connected directly to the modem with LAN cable (no WiFi).  You should also ensure that nothing else is utilizing the service at the same time you are running the speed tests.  Make sure to use the 25MB test size for download tests if you have Gen5 and the 12MB test size for download tests if you have Gen4.  Once you have run some tests, please post your Results Page URL so the test results can be looked at.  

The following macro has the required protocol, including the things already mentioned...

To help the Hughesnet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, you should create a testmy.net account and perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day. Then share the account results link with us here.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan
-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Side note: Appears Testmy.net is once again recognising HughesNet as an ISP and compiling test results.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

Side note: Appears Testmy.net is once again recognising HughesNet as an ISP and compiling test results.

Perhaps for some.  Not for me.  

normanchilds
New Poster

My speed is always over 25 mb per second every time I test and I have gen 5 I don't get how y'all speed is slow 

GabeU

@normanchilds wrote:

My speed is always over 25 mb per second every time I test and I have gen 5 I don't get how y'all speed is slow 

Congratulations.  The OP is having speed issues and this is the place for the OP to get help, which we will attempt to do.