Connect without internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daryleb87
Freshman

Connect without internet

Been without internet for like over a week it just say connected without internet. I've unplugged it from the wall to restart it and nothing is happening. I also got my bill in and paid it but my data never reset. What is happening with yall...this is very frustrating
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daryleb87 

It sounds like there may be something going on with your equipment, as in an equipment issue or a dish aiming issue.  The fact that your monthly data hasn't yet reset suggests this even more, as anything having to do with data, including the monthly reset, is modem dependant, and if the modem can't communicate with the system the reset won't happen.  

Something to try, and preferably with a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem via LAN cable rather than WiFi, can you get to the following modem page?

www.systemcontrolcenter.com

or

http://192.168.0.1/#!/usage

If you can get to that page, click on the System Status box at the top of the page, and on the new page locate the "State Code" in the System Summary box at the top of the page.  What State Code is showing?

Also, on the same page, locate the Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box at the bottom left.  What is showing for the signal strength?

The state code reads as followed
2.1.1- An outdoor unit problem has occurred

And the Satellite receive status reads
Down 11.2.1

So I'm guessing my dish is bad, its looks fine, wires are all fine, guess I will just call and try to get someone to fix it
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daryleb87 

That State Code does further suggest that it's equipment related.  

You can call support (866-347-3292), or the reps here can help you (they'll be back tomorrow).  Either way, you definitely need support.  

I know you said you'd call them, but for the sake of redundancy I'll tag a couple of the reps here so they'll be sure to see this topic when they're back. 

@Liz @Remy @Damian  

I hope you can get whatever the problem is fixed soon.  🙂

@Daryleb87,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. To address your concerns, I confirmed that your data did officially reset but after your bill generation date. This is because your data resets itself on the day you were installed, not the day you ordered the service. This can happen after an upgrade or due to special circumstances but can be permanently changed by calling our support number. I also see you were successfully able to have a technician appointment scheduled. Please update us here once the repair is complete.

-Damian 

I appreciate the help, I got a technician to come by today and my modem was damaged and he replaced it and everything is back to normal, thank you all

@Daryleb87,

That's great. I am glad the service is up and running now. Please feel free to reach out again if you ever need assistance with anything else. 

-Damian