Did you mean: 

Connecting a router to Ht2000w modem

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Connecting a router to Ht2000w modem

@Zack 

I just want to be sure of something...

Is your setup something like this? 

HughesNet modem <---> ethernet cable <---> ethernet to fiber converter <---> fiber line to other house <---> fiber to ethernet converter <---> ethernet cable <---> router.  Is this right?

I don't know what kind of converters there are to do this, as I'm not familiar with fiber optic lines, nor going from an ethernet cable to a fiber optic line (and vice versa), but I know that there needs to a be a conversion from the electrical signal that the ethernet cable uses to the light signal that the fiber optic line uses (and vice versa).  Perhaps something has gone wrong somewhere in that system, as if it connected with Exede's modem it should connect with HughesNet's.

@Liz 

@Amanda 

@Damian 

@Jay 

@Hardy 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning Zack,

Thanks for posting. Very interesting setup. I've never heard of one like it, so let me ask around. I'll let you know if we've tested anything like that or have any insight on this.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Might help to know exactly what converter you are using. Is it similar to this?

Fiber to Ethernet.PNG

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, your connection diagram is correct.
The fiber converter is a
trendnet tfc-210msc(a)
https://www.trendnet.com/support/support-detail.asp?prod=105_TFC-210MSC
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, I appreciate you looking into it
Highlighted

Good morning Zack,

Our testing crew has not attempted this type of scenario, so we don't have documentation that our HT2000w is compatible with fiber converters. We figure if that converter worked for you on the other satellite ISP's modem, the converter should theoretically work with ours too. We're not familiar with those devices, like if they're plug and play, but if not, perhaps whatever config you have may work on the other ISP, just not with ours.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.