Connection To Some Sites Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Connection To Some Sites Problem

In trying testmytest for speeds just now, I kept being disconnected. I did get some tests done, now I can't The error- Secure Connection Failed An error occurred during a connection to dallas.testmy.net. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Learn more… At the same time, other sites loaded quickly. I also was having connection problems, having to restart the connection clicking Hug2g5758 to get a connection again. 3x using testmytest I got the error message. The speeds were all over the place, some at 1mps, many below 1mps, and a outlier- 12.3mps . I had a connection with some sites before, it took a week to resolve that. It appears the problem has returned. Whatever worked last time might be reviewed and looked into? We are having weather today, but it doesn't affect many sites loading, just testmytest so far as far as I can tell. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Does the error persist if you change to a different server, say San Francisco? EDIT:  I mean using a different  speed test mirror. 

I didn't try that. I will. I also noticed to post here (be able to choose a label) I had to use Chrome browser, Firefox does not work to chose a label to be able to post. In using Chrome to use testmytest, my speeds were under 6mps. These tests were from Dallas , not SF.

Correction: under .600mps
maratsade

That's an issue with the browser; could be an add-on that's preventing the label thing. You can also post in this section without a label. 

@ecoalex2 wrote:
I didn't try that. I will. I also noticed to post here (be able to choose a label) I had to use Chrome browser, Firefox does not work to chose a label to be able to post. In using Chrome to use testmytest, my speeds were under 6mps. These tests were from Dallas , not SF.

No, I was denied posting a problem- the red banner- choose a label , using Firefox I couldn't, Chrome yes, how I posted. I don't know if Firefox is the problem with my connection problem, I will try it for today, as much as I don't want to, no tracking with Firefox, Chrome, does. I try to avoid Google in all things if possible, Goggle is big brother, along with Mr Bill Gates.,. I noticed my testmytest speeds were much greater with Chrome compared to Firefox. We'll see. Thanks
maratsade

You're right. The only labels available to choose from appear to be: Data Management,  Performance , Voice Modem,  WiFi-Modem.  If you want something else, you can put it in the Message Tabs. 

@ecoalex2 wrote:
No, I was denied posting a problem- the red banner- choose a label , using Firefox I couldn't, Chrome yes, how I posted. I don't know if Firefox is the problem with my connection problem, I will try it for today, as much as I don't want to, no tracking with Firefox, Chrome, does. I try to avoid Google in all things if possible, Goggle is big brother, along with Mr Bill Gates.,. I noticed my testmytest speeds were much greater with Chrome compared to Firefox. We'll see. Thanks

Firefox did not allow me to chose a posting label, Chrome did. Could be Firefox ad ons ? The speed tests between the 2 browsers are nearly the same. The top 3 Chrome, the 2 lower Firefox. I am not able to see if the connection problem stays with Chrome time will tell. https://testmy.net/quickstats/ecoalex 12/13/21 11:31:40 am 564 kbps 71 kB/s Hughes 1.4 MB 27082781503639 US QJ7_DIoqg 12/13/21 11:31:07 am 553 kbps 69 kB/s Hughes 1.4 MB 27082781503639 US qAFmq7CAv 12/13/21 11:30:25 am 564 kbps 71 kB/s Hughes 1.2 MB 169226331939 US M45apHb1T 12/13/21 11:29:35 am 554 kbps 69 kB/s Hughes 1.2 MB 169226331939 US QpYjpvtiO 12/13/21 11:28:22 am 766 kbps 96 kB/s Hughes 1.2 MB 169226331939 US sCWfP~Lcq

Hi ecoalex,

Thanks for posting your results URL. Considering that your site is currently subject to the Fair Access Policy, we can't guarantee the speeds and performance you'll get in that state.

I also tested creating a post in Firefox, I'm still able to see the available labels and click on one to add to the post. You may be right, an add-on could be interfering. You could test that by trying in private mode (which I would assume is free of all add-ons) and seeing if there's a difference.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks Liz 🙂 so under FAP, I cannot expect the 1.5mps under FAP? any bottom to throttling in FAP?

Under the Fair Access Policy, speeds can be all over, especially with many factors coming into play: other devices on your network sharing the slowed speeds, general congestion in your area, etc.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thanks Liz 🙂 I'll try private browsing next new post, I'm trying Chrome for now to see if that helps the loss of my wireless connection. So far, I cannot establish a pattern .