cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection drops intermittently

Liz

Re: Connection drops intermittently

Hi lcregger,

Thanks for your patience while engineering investigated. Could you please go into more detail about this statement "...there is still a problem with the connection being dropped momentarily. It is not very noticeable while on the internet, but it still drops phone calls after a few minutes."

What happened exactly that led to that statement? Were you browsing the internet and then started a call while still browsing? Or did you end your internet session and then make a phone call later?

With regards to internet browsing only, is the severity of the disconnects less severe than before the adjustment? (Disconnecting less often and/or lasting for shorter periods?)

Are you experiencing dropped calls while using the internet?

Do dropped calls persist even when no one is using the internet?

This isn't to say browsing and using your HughesNet Voice service is not possible or not recommended, I'm just seeking clarification for engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

lcregger
Freshman

a) When utilizing a web browser, it seems that the intermittent disconnects are less frequent  since adjustments were made last week.

b) When using the phone, the intermittent disconnects happen irregardless of computer being on or off.....and happen irregardless of using a web browser or not, if the computer is on.

c) Since the adjusments made last week, the intervals between the phone disconnects seem to be a minute or two further apart but I have not timed them.  Once the phone disconnects, I can immediately hit re-dial and re-connect whereas before it could take up to a minute or two before I was able to re-connect.

d) FYI - I do not use wireless and wired devices at the same time on this system.

I hope this clarifies my statement.  If not, let me know.

Thanks

Liz

Good morning lcregger,

Thank you! I think this is good, I'll send this over to the engineer. I'll let you know once I have any other news or questions to share.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning lcregger,

Are you available today or tomorrow for live troubleshooting with our engineers? We need more recent and longer calls to better evaluate the performance. Please let me know. Looking forward to hearing back.

lcregger
Freshman

I can/will be available all day today but Thurs. is not a good time.

Liz

OK thank you. Is the phone number assosciated with your Voice service, ending in 72, the only number at which we can reach you?

lcregger
Freshman

Yes, the Voice number ending in 72 is the only number available.

Liz

Thank you. Please expect a call from engineering today at 2pm EST.

lcregger
Freshman

Will do!

Thanks for the assistance Liz!

Liz

Hi lcregger,

The engineers made a small breakthrough yesterday, but will need another trace capturing session. Are you available tomorrow for another call? Please let me know your availability so we can set up another appointment. We can do 2 PM ET again if that also works for you.