cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Highlighted

Connection issues

I just had my HughesNet Service I stalked on Friday 11/2/18, and I’ve already been on the phone with tech support 4 times. None of my devices will stay connected. The signal drops in and it every couple of minutes. The installer told me that it would be a little unstable for a couple of hours after the install due to the modem getting software updates, I was cool with that. Saturday morning no internet. Opened a chat on my cell phone data plan and the person told me that it could take 24-48hrs before the updates would be done. So now I’m looking at Sunday. Well it’s sunday morning, then afternoon and guess what, no devices will stay connected, and the signal keeps dropping out every couple of minutes. Called tech support and was on the phone for about an hour before he had to transfer me to a home tech person. He seemed concerned with the signal dropping out so often and gave me his number to call him back in case it happens again. Well it did, hence this post. Tried calling him back but they were already closed. So I called HughesNet tech support AGAIN, and the young lady I spoke with said that after she ran a diagnostic check she noticed that something was wrong with the placement of the satellite and that she hmwould have to set me up for a tech to come out. Btw, that won’t be until Friday of this week! I do a lot of working from home and this is totally unacceptable. I had a free install and from what I’ve been reading if I cancel I’ll be stuck with an early termination fee. To be really honest, I don’t think I have a choice, I make a living working from him and this just isn’t cutting it! It’s not the service I was promised at all.
3 REPLIES

Re: Connection issues

Hi Sbailey,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. We definitely don't want to see you leave and making sure you have a proper connection is important to us. I understand that there is a signal strength concern with the dish, but I just want to make sure we cover all bases here. When you lose connection on your devices, are they still connected to the HughesNet Wi-Fi or does it completely disconnect the Wi-Fi network? If it stays connected to Wi-Fi, do your devices say something like "Connected, no internet"? Do any lights on your modem go out?  

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Sbailey,

Just wanted to check in and make sure you got my reply. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Amanda

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thank you,

Amanda