cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps dropping - Connected....Not Connected - What the HELL is going on?

Connection keeps dropping - Connected....Not Connected - What the HELL is going on?

OK - I power up my computer...."Internet Connected". After a while ... "No Internet Connection" ...Crap! - Then I restart my computer ....."Internet Connected". After a while ... "No Internet Connection" ...Crap!  - Over & Over & Over......HELP!.

Windows 10

New 1100 Modem

Direct wire connection between computer and modem....Same Thing

What say you?

15 REPLIES 15
Assistant Professor

Re: Connection keeps dropping - Connected....Not Connected - What the HELL is going on?

Most likely a timeout happening with your NIC adapter in the computer. Make sure it is not allowed to sleep or go into power saving mode. Also be sure you have the latest 10 drivers for it.
New Poster

Re: Connection keeps dropping - Connected....Not Connected - What the HELL is going on?

I have seen this before, it was the driver for the LAN card in my computer that was doing it, check and see if there is an updated LAN driver for you card, computer

Mc Cool - I thank you for your suggestions. Help me out here....How do I implement your suggestions?
New Poster

is your system a desktop or laptop and what brand and model?

Desktop Gateway
New Poster

go to Gateways website and click on support and search for updated drivers for your system
New Poster

If its still under warranty then I would call and ask, tell them that your LAN card is dropping connections

Good morning virginiaman,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm so glad to see our community regulars have stepped up to help you out. I've also run remote diagnostics on your site to determine if there was anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite, and it's all clear on that end.

Please keep us updated on your progress as you work with Charles and the others in checking your drivers.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

not on warranty