Hughesnet Community

Connection loss... HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection loss... HT2000W

2Every now and then for the past few days, I have been losing my connection.  If I check my System Control Center signal and everything usually seams to be ok.  One time it was showing Yellow.   The last few times I checked and it was showing Green but I went to Advanced Configurations and looked at Diagnostic and it shows “-“ for all entries. See screenshots below.

Is anyone else having any issues?  What could be causing this problem?  

I dont see my modem over heating or anything.  It is only 66 degrees out and not that hot where my modem is located.   

IMG_0051.PNGIMG_0052.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Have you been constantly resetting your modem?  If so, it will erase diagnostic history.  If not, then you might want to go ahead and try resetting it once to see if the issue clears up.

No, I do not reset the modem often.  I did do a reboot from the System Restore Center Tuesday night and also did a reboot Wednesday, I’m pretty sure it was after I did the screenshots but I can’t remember now lol.  Seams like the reboot option did not resolve anything.  

You say reset the modem?  Do you mean by using the reset button on the back of the modem? Or just going to the System Restore Center and do the reboot option shown there?

No, don't touch the reset button, too many chances that can break things...  Hrm, I haven't seen anyone reporting this kind of issue...  I haven't seen it either till now.

Good morning wildcats198308,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear this. I've run diagnostics on your site and all looks well. Let me do some more digging for you and let you know what I find out.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz.  

I also want want to add that when watching videos on tumblr they will load and then stop.  When the video gets up to where it stopped buffering it stops playing and won’t load or play for at least a minute.  I don’t know if it’s the tumblr app or if it’s HughesNet.  It has happened multiple times on different occasions.  If I use my cell phone hotspot they seam to load without problem but I haven’t tested it with cell phone as much as I have used HughesNet. 

Also just to add to my initial post, when I noticed my connection being lost I was playing on Spades Plus and completely lost connection in the app.  This happened at least twice and I had to switch to my cell hotspot to reconnect.