cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection says there is internet access and excellent signal... then why can't I do anything?

Connection says there is internet access and excellent signal... then why can't I do anything?

I've been a customer since late summer. I've had 2 service calls since
August. I am sooo dissatisfied and fed up that I just can't bring
myself to call for service again. I have to take time off from work,
the service contractor comes from about 60 miles away. Timing is never right for him...not his fault as he is just a contractor. If I didn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to cancel I would do so now.  I can use my cell phone hotspot and have perfect connections and no problems. I use 1 laptop and for weeks on end I can't get more than opening an email or homepage of FB...can't run any sort of game, youtube vids...nada! Connection says there is internet access and excellent signal...then why can't I do anything? GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Canceling.
2 REPLIES 2
Alum

Re: Connection says there is internet access and excellent signal... then why can't I do anything?

Hi emb58,

Thanks for posting your concerns. I was able to pull up your account and see that you did have a dispatch scheduled in September. Are you saying you never were able to get this completed? Also,
I noticed that you are currently subscribed to our most basic plan with only 5 GB's of anytime data.

I would highly suggest upgrading to one of our higher tier plans if you want to use multimedia websites like Facebook, since sites like this can consume a considerable amount of data. Plus, all three plans higher than your current one have our smart browsing feature available to them. This allows for a better browsing experience even after you have run out of data allowance. I think this would help facilitate your satisfaction. Looking forward to your reply

Thank you,
Chris

Re: Connection says there is internet access and excellent signal... then why can't I do anything?

Hi emb58 and Chris,

I have been having the same problem. I have been a customer for almost 2 years. The first year and a half I had the basic plan. It was somewhat slow and if I wanted to go to YouTube it was usually impossible. However, although it was really really really slow, as long as I had patience, I would be able to do whatever I was trying to do online. About six months ago, I decided that I was tired of it being so slow so I decided to upgrade. The pricing wasn't much more than what I was already paying and it was supposed to speed up my internet, more data, etc. I did the upgrade right here online, was approved, and immediately I had the upgrade. That night, it was a lot faster than my basic....... about two days later, it has been nothing but a pain in the rear and has become the worse internet provider I have ever had! Now I can't do anything and when I finally am able to complete anything, it's usually been days since I started it. I have been trying to post on here for the last 3 weeks and hopefully it will finally go through now!

My advice: go read other customers' reviews... I did but since I hadn't had any trouble before except with the speed, I didn't listen. Good luck and I hope it all works out better for you than it has for a lot of other people!

Wish I had taken others' advice!