Hughesnet Community

Connection speed is 0.2 and i have plenty of data left??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanda0975

Connection speed is 0.2 and i have plenty of data left??

Please help!!! I still have plenty of data left yet I can't even watch Netflix because my data speed is to low for streaming??
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@amanda0975

Being that you still have data, the next step would be running some speed tests to not only establish the issue for the reps, but also to give them an idea of what may be causing is.  The protocol for the speed tests is as follows...

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share the account results link with us here.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi while the speed tests are being performed
-use the manual 25MB size download test file 

-If testing upload instead of download, please use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx  (due to being an older page, the test sizes are incorrect for Gen5 (please use the test sizes listed above, in bold, for Gen5)).

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM Eastern. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" in this PDF.  Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).  

Brooke
Alum

Hi amanda0975, welcome to the community and thank you for posting! I ran a speed test on our end and they were low as well. I went ahead and made some adjustments to your modem to see if this will improve your service. This can take up to 3~4 for noticed improvements. 

Since I just finished making these adjustments, I would advise waiting to run speed tests as your modem has just rebooted and thus your speeds will be low at first. After it's been a minute or two since the reboot, then you can run speed tests and post your results here. If you can, taking some tests within the next couple hours would also let me visibly see if my adjustments improved the system's performance. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hi amanda0975, I hope everything is going well since I have not heard from you. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but you are more than welcome to start a new thread if you have any other questions or concerns you'd like for us to address! 

Thank you. 

-Brooke