cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to 68.178.213.37 failed.

Re: Connection to 68.178.213.37 failed.

Charles, not for me.  I can ping that IP address and get 0% loss on HughesNet  Verizon and ATT Uverse.  I just can't maintain the connection through the email client or through a web page.

When I ping the two IP addresses you show in the screen shot, I get a time-out error also.  When I ping the IP address I posted in the original thread 68.178.213.37 I get the correct response. 
Associate Professor

Yes, I can log in using that link.  I still can't send or receive through the email client though.

I don't know what happened, but it started to work again just now!  Did turn web acceleration back on and kept trying but no luck for the last half hour.  Just tried again without  changing anything else and it went through this time! 

Did someone at HughesNet change something?

Not HN here, the site will not open for me either. It displays as the page is not available.
Associate Professor

Nothing at Hughesnet changed AFAIK, most the engineers and staff would be off the clock by now.  Web Acceleration only deals with Port 80 traffic.

I just don't know what happened, but I'm glad it did.  All 3 computers on the network are now able to send messages like normal, so whoever did whatever, THANKS!!!

Good Morning Philip,

Thanks for the update! Yes, we did disable your web acceleration last night but thank you for turning it back on (it is always best to have it on). From everyone's results here I feel the issue was with the server itself, but if the issue arises again we'll send it up to our engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue on our testing equipment. I am glad it is working for you now.

Thanks
Amanda