Hughesnet Community

Connection too slow...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenams85

Connection too slow...

I am experiencing extremely slow internet service .At times, it will let you just get logged on and then the whole connection just drops and then it is useless.  I have called customer service and was told to just unplug everything for a few minutes and then plug it back in. This has been done several times to no avail. Whe we try to run the speed tests it times itself out because the connection is so slow. We do not use to this for streaming movies or online gaming,it is used for online classes that I am now unable to complete from home. Also for some reason we hit our data limit just 10 days in and used it no different than usual...HELP!! Very frustrated.I will probably find a different way to get internet after my 24 month period is up at this rate
6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Do the classes have video? If yes and in high definition like 720p then data will be used very quickly. Even 360p will use a lot if watching hours each day.
Liz

Hi tenams85,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We certainly want to help address your speed concerns so I pulled up your account to run diagnostics and I see a potential issue. Can you tell if there is anything obstructing your dish?

Please let me know so I can best address your concern.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

tenams85

Nothing is in the way of the dish...
tenams85

Most of the time I just have to check in and get assignments. Occasionally I have a quick video....this is my second year in. I'm just now having problems.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Gotcha. Liz is on it, you're in good hands.
Liz

Thanks for confirming that for me, tenams85. As a courtesy, I've dispatched a tech to re-align your dish to improve performance.

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Monday, Feb 13, 2017 between 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #102653214 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks, 
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!