cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection was reset

Freshman

Connection was reset

While trying to play games on Facebook, and on other sites as well, I am unable to get the game to load and get the message "connection was reset". I have made no changes to my browser or equipment in recent months. The day is partly cloudy and windy so weather should not be an issue. I have Gen 4 (HT1100), using Windows 8.
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Connection was reset

Hi WVmom21,

Thanks for posting, we have your account number from previous cases worked here in the community.

Which games aren't working?

Which browser are you using?

Does the same thing happen on other computers/devices? 

We'll also run diagnostics on your site to make sure all is well.

Looking forward to hearing back so we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Freshman

Liz, the games I am having trouble with today are Farmville and Farmville2, also Farm Heroes Saga is slow to load if it loads at all. I have not tried on other computers or devices as this is the only one I use to play those games. I am using Google Chrome as my browser and cleared the cache just this morning and also rebooted the modem
. My signal strength right now is good @ 99.

New installation last Friday.  I have the same problem with Empire.  In my case, I believe the problem is caused by packet loss and very variable web responsiveness (Hughes test) up to 90 seconds.

Hello William

We've replied to your e-mail you sent us regarding this same concern and can discuss more there or in your original thread if preferred.

Thanks!
Amanda

It doesn't really matter to me where, at my one other thread or by email.  I guess you are hinting not to hijack WVmom21's thread.

My problem was present before the installer left.

Freshman

I'm sorry you're having trouble also, William. I do hope they can remedy it for you.

I just did a "connectivity test".

Freshman

This evening I am getting this message some of the time when trying to load a page on zynga.com "the client and server do not support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is usually caused when the server needs SSLv3 support, which has been removed." PLEASE help me, Hughesnet. What is going on and why is it happening all of a sudden?? The same problem happens whether I am using Chrome or Firefox for my browser.

System Summary
State Code 0.0.0 - Fully Operational
Summary Operational State Up
Data Allowance Remaining 12.9 GB
System Status
Satellite Receive Status Up
Satellite Transmit Status Up
LAN Status Up 2 FD
IP Gateway Association State Associated (Data IPGW - BIL24HNSIGW62C002Adv)
TCP Acceleration Up
Web Acceleration Up
Suspension State Not Suspended
Software Download Status Up to date
WAN Info
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 104
Data Packets Received 110243
Control Packets Received 1107162
Bursts Transmitted 85294
Packets Transmitted 18489
LAN Info
Packets Received 73000
Packets Transmitted 134007
©2014 HUGHES

connectivity test:
Packet Loss: 0.00%
Average Delay: 674.00 ms
Minimum Delay: 610.00 ms
Maximum Delay: 760.00 ms
IP Gateway: BIL24HNSIGW62C002Adv

Quite possible chrome is you problem. This may sound strange, but torch, an older and they say outdated version of chrome works a lot better for me on my facebook games. I play cafeland and diner life and have a whole lot less connection loss and or freezes with torch than with chrome. I am not sure but believe that the farm games may work better with torch or firefox than chrome. Maybe think about giving one or both a try. Just a suggestion.