cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conned into contract please help, very slow internet

Conned into contract please help, very slow internet

I used a inspection company to hook up my utilities at my newly purchased home. They contacted Hughesnet and did all of the setting up over the phone on my behalf with my social security number. The installer came out and completed the installation and said to sign to acknowledge his installation. At no point in time was I made aware that there was a contract, data cap or $400 cancellation fees. I have called multiple times and are not willing to work with me on any waivering of the cancellation fees. I am truly in shock I can’t believe this is happening to me. On top of all of that I am not even receiving close to the advertised mbps which means Hughesnet is not holding up their end of the contract that I never signed knowingly or willingly in the first place.
3 REPLIES

Re: Conned into contract please help, very slow internet

Hello Dinko,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I apologize for all the confusion that is going on. I have reviewed your account and I am having the matter escalated.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

*Felicia*

Associate Professor

Shouldn't you be complaining to the company you hired to do your work for you?  Why would the installer talk to you about contracts or cancellation fees? That's not his job.  And it' s not Hughesnet's fault that someone you hired to do your work for you did a poor job -- you should take it up with them. 

DinkoBos wrote:
I used a inspection company to hook up my utilities at my newly purchased home. They contacted Hughesnet and did all of the setting up over the phone on my behalf with my social security number. The installer came out and completed the installation and said to sign to acknowledge his installation. At no point in time was I made aware that there was a contract, data cap or $400 cancellation fees. I have called multiple times and are not willing to work with me on any waivering of the cancellation fees. I am truly in shock I can’t believe this is happening to me. On top of all of that I am not even receiving close to the advertised mbps which means Hughesnet is not holding up their end of the contract that I never signed knowingly or willingly in the first place.

Dinko

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

*Felicia*