cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Hughes Net as an ISP?

Re: Considering Hughes Net as an ISP?

I normally go to slaughter at 1200 to 1300 pounds, rather than a specific age. Our calves typically wean at 600 to 625 pounds at roughly 6 months of age and will go into a commercial feed yard at 800 pounds. 

While I am biased toward Angus, the Herefords are making exceptional gains in conversions and yields. There is even a new breed, the Black Hereford, that is getting rave reviews from the packers. He looks very much like a Hereford-Angus cross, typically having a black hide and white face. 

For our cattle in the southeast portion of the country, Georgia and Florida, we need a bit of Brahman influence for heat and parasite resistance qualities. 
Advanced Tutor

I keep mine about 2 years because they don't grow good in the winter in the southern tier of NYS.

What is your normal winter ration? Intake will normally decline dramatically during winter months as a function of colder temperatures and wetter weather. Keeping energy levels elevated will make a remarkable difference in intake, resulting in a shorter finishing time.

If you have access to DDG (dried distillers grain, the by product of beer or whiskey making) it is an awesomely good feed in harsh winter climates and is normally given away by the distillers. It contains significant fat, for energy and high levels of protein. We are enjoying the number of micro-breweries starting up around the country as they have a lot of DDG to dispose of. 

Would be interesting to know if and how many micro-breweries exist in your area. I have some bull customers in the Syracuse-Montezuma areas of New York that also use DDG for their on-site fattened cattle. Their average daily gain through the winter months is in excess of 2.5 pounds per day. Another customer, at Savannah Dhu, uses DDG to supplement his high-fence, Whitetail and Axis deer herd through the winter, with amazingly good results.  

Enjoy the evening! 
Advanced Tutor

I,m not sure the feed store mixes it. They say it is their winter mix for cattle. Thank you for the info.
Distinguished Professor IV

Confusing?  30 Days.  Set amount of data.  Split a certain way. 

This confuses you?  Wow. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

After today's nonsense, the term "illusory superiority" is fitting the OP even more.  It's comical.  Normally you have to do further research to find the correct term to most accurately describe someone, but with this person, the more that's revealed, the more it fits. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Scurry along back to your perch now Gabe....you STILL have nothing of merit to offer and your presence is bothersome. You might enjoy the coloring books in the second drawer from the top on the left, next to the pacifiers. You might prefer one of the pacifiers over your thumb.....I’m sure it must be getting sore by now. 

I’d be really proud of myself were I you wittle Gabe! You have deluded yourself into believing you actually “know” something and I am certainly not going to burst your delusional bubble. I am, however, going to ask you yet again, given your hatred of me, why do you insist on following me from post to post? You have nothing at all to offer but more of your pitifully weak attempts at insult. Would you not rather do something meaningful with your efforts and avoid making a fool of yourself? 

Good luck and best wishes for a safe and prosperous 2017. 

Oh little Gabe....go outside and play. There is nothing happening here you would understand and we don’t have time to explain it to you. Scurry along now.