cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Switching

Considering Switching

I am with E Xede right now and pretty happy with speeds etc I have 15GB day time and unlimited night from midnight to 5am ...Found out that Hughesnet Ultra 50/50 100gb plan is available in my area which is SE missouri and was just curious about HughesNets speeds since I do have to be able to view a couple videos for work through the month. Right now with Exede I can do so at night but only can manage to stay up that late a few nights through the month. My normal usage during daytime right now is 20 to 25 gb (yes I go over every month) but I am still able to do everything I need to do even in restriction (no idea why) there is a little slow down but not a huge amount. I hate the auto payments with Exede and see Hughes does not do that . SOOO would it be best to switch 
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Considering Switching

Good morning SonyaA,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Good on you for doing some research before diving into an ISP! I can provide you with facts to answer your questions, but I'll leave it to other community members who have the Ultra plan to comment on their service experience.

Our Ultra plan provides up to 15 Mbps in download speeds and up to 2 Mbps in upload speeds. You will have 50 GB of Anytime Bytes at your disposal during the 8 am - 2am hours, and 50 GB in Bonus Bytes to use between 2 am - 8 am. In addition to that, the Ultra plan has the SmartBrowsing feature which allows you to continue e-mailing and browsing even if you exceed your monthly data allowance.

I'm not sure where you learned that we do not do auto-payments, but we certainly do. 

If you decide to make the switch, check this site here, you can order online or call the number there to get in touch with our sales reps who can get you started: http://www.hughesnet.com/

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know, we're happy to help make your decision.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

I thought at first you were pushing the other guys, sorry. The 50/50 Ultra plan is pretty darn good. There have been some that experienced pretty bad slow downs a short time back, including me, but to my knowledge they have all been fixed.

My speed since they fixed it has been extremely good, between 10-15 Mbps most of the time with some slowdown to maybe 7-8 Mbps at times during the peak evening hours.

Those videos you have to watch do you know how large they are, what definition they are, how long they are? If HD depending how long they are then that could eat a lot of data at possibly 3-4 GB/hour.

As far as telling you to switch I won't do that. I'm not a sales person plus feel it definitely has to be a personal decision based on your experience with your present provider. The 50/50 Ultra plan is good for the amount it costs although satellite plans are not cheap in general as you most lie already know.

I meant I am required and do not have a choice with Exede on auto pay. And do not like it at all. And I have a local installer that done my Exede that I got his number from him when he just switched my neighbor over since I know he does EXCELLENT installs I get great download times of about 13mbps down and 1.5 to 2mbps up .....Neighbor gave me her speed test results yesterday and they were pretty good about the same down and her uploads were slow .89 mbps and she stated the installer said she had an old router and she might need to change it so maybe that is what the problem was. I beta test for a company(can not reveal who) and have to be able to have access at all times and right now I pretty well do with exede and am also curious what actually will and wont load during smartbrowsing I have read some of them say they could not hardly open anything.
Highlighted

I watch one Netflix movie a week I would say. It is through my receiver and I have netflix set to not play HD but a lower setting. I do not get any buffering once it starts and runs pretty good.
Assistant Professor

I thought you said something about work videos, those were the ones I was asking about.

LOL I am a beta tester it dont pay the best but get lots of great perks

Don't forget to inform of the ridiculously slow speeds , at times i think dial-up is faster...

If I were you, I would stay right where you are at.. I would switch over to them if they would offer a free install.. Can't afford the extra right now though..  Everyone around here (NW Louisiana) says theirs is the best.. I haven't heard anyone that is on Hughesnet say that..  Just my experience, but the auto draft is a small price to pay (I hate it as well) but would gladly do it to get rid of Hughes

where are you located threecrows I have been using satellite internet for 10 plus years and know location makes a difference is why I ask.