cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Switching

Assistant Professor

Re: Considering Switching

This country is going down the rabbit hole in every way. Education, writing, literature, science.....you name it.
Dang you Jezra, Me was gonna put this in the post above then you had to go and like it. Ug.

(for those that don't get my humor, the grammatical mistakes were intentional) 

Wildcat, I am sorry that was the wrong ZIP... Mine is 71469.. Which is funny because I live right on the border of the 2 zip codes, one showing the liberty plans and the other classic plans
Highlighted

Wildcat, I am sorry that was the wrong ZIP... Mine is 71469.. Which is funny because I live right on the border of the 2 zip codes, one showing the liberty plans and the other classic plans

Like I said time and time again!!! If you have the choice for a land based service and you get satellite internet that is your own stupidity!! Research before you sign up and find out it is a limited service!!!!

Satellite internet is for those that do not have any other options for internet. I know I surely would not have it or even think about getting it if I had access to cable or another service.
Associate Professor

2 years is 2 years too long with Hughes. I only have 10g a month and go over in 2 weeks I hate this company who lies to get you to sign up

I had to switch to Hughesnet when I moved, as soon as AT&T Uverse is available in my area I'm gone. I pay $35 more a month for a third of the service I had with AT&T Uverse. I'm very disappointed with hughesnet! 

Well if something doesnt change in the next week I am going to switch. I got DAPed last month hubby had to do some training online for a new job but since I am an elite member I asked for the first time to get a reset and they done so. Then about a week later on the 8th my billing cycle restarted and my speeds were crawling, so I messaged to get help on facebook and was told they reset it since it should have done so on the 8th and not slowed down on the 8th. So I did notice speeds went faster but not like I was getting but thought maybe it was weather and waitied to see if it got any better and its really bad now my ping times last night were 1642ms made things SO SLOW. and download speeds were almost half at 7 mbps now I am only at 3 down and up is about normal and pings back to normal. Its almost like someone is playing with settings. If I can not get this lined out I will be switching at the end of this week since I can get a better plan with Hughes. Seems like everytime Exede switch plans this crap happens and I am NOT going to these new plans I will change providers first.

Hi Sonya,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with your current ISP. Please do post back with any questions you may have if you decide to join us. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Hi Sonya,

As in my previous post - If you know your installer and are sure, I would give Hughes a try. I am across the state from you and am on the 50/50 Ultra plan. At this time, Hughes seems to have worked most of the bugs out of my system. We watch Netflix a lot and have had very little problems lately.  AND it is sure nice not having to worry about going over on my Data allowance.  (I was previously with Exceed too).  Give Hughes a try.  BUT, don't forget -- you can cancel within the first thirty days with No penalty.  Also don't forget -- the speeds are advertised as UP TO,  so you will have some slowdowns at certain times.  I will run up to 20mbps during the day , with a slowdown (anywhere 4mbps to 8mbps in the busy part of the evening).  It is doing what I need it to do.  Good luck.