cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Switching

Re: Considering Switching

I was able to get the Classic plans in my area for Exede, they just recently changed them in the last few days (I been checking the site often especially since the Spaceway3 outage 2 weeks ago). Not all areas have newer plans available. I now have the Liberty plans available in my area. I checked another zip code for northern PA (I am in Southern PA) and it shows the Classic plans still available there. Some areas have the option for other plans which I think have unlimited from 3 am - 8 am.

I am in Southeast missouri and I think the Liberty plans gives you a set amount then you go to speeds of 5 to 1 mbps and I have no idea what speeds you get on that I dont have that one and like I stated the install makes a BIG difference in your speed good tight connectors that are waterproof and good aim on the sat

Wildcat, I typed in my zip code (71450) and they are still showing the classic plans and unmetered access between 12-5 AM.. And all have a supposed 12mbs down 3 mbs upload.. just varies on the bucket of data you get.. And still charging $100 for install 

I am on the old pro plus which is roughly 500mbs a day, times that by 30 and I come up with 15gbs.. that plan with exede is the same as I am paying now, but I would have to add in another $10 for the lease..  That is where I am held up at as of the moment

My HughesNet daily allowance is 375. There are alot of different allowance amounts out there. I don't know where my 375 came from they do not list 375 on any FAP sites. If I don't use all the 375 one day it is carried over to the next for a total of 750 but that's not too often.

My area they are charging for install also. You have 3 options for the lease. $9.99 monthly - $199 24 month prepaid (after the 24 month you can renew and pay the $199 again -- but this might put you in another 24 month contract I am awaiting an answer on that) or there is a lifetime lease option for $299. I found out that the lifetime lease does not mean you. purchased the equipment - when you cancel you still must return equipment.

I like the that HughesNet has a status meter you can download to watch usage. Exede currently does not, they say they have stuff planned to be released later this year but don't know what.

Exede is planning to launch a new satellite next year which will probably have faster speeds and better allowance. I am not sure if the lifetime lease would carry over if you upgrade to the new satellite or not.

If you wait too long to decide you might end up having the Liberty plans also. Exede has their own forum in this same community website. I have some posts there to learn more about the service and features. https://community.exede.com/exede

John, I just went to the Exede website and put in your zip code and it brought up the Liberty plans... They must have just updated it for your area! That sucks (I know I am not happy with the Liberty plans). It also shows free installation.

Here is a site with details about Liberty plans. http://www.exede.com/liberty/

yea I dont like them either it was a big let down they kept saying they had big things in store for the new plans and this is what we get :-( I guess they think its like unlimited since you never really get FAPed just slowed down enough that  graphic intense stuff wont load

Dont think Exede ever makes you change plans or they didnt me when I was on wildblue I held out a long time on it up until they put in the unlimited nights and still held out then to let them work out all the kinks. Both Hughes and Viasat are suppose to put up new sats in the next year but if I had to put my money on it I would bet Hughes gets theirs up first. I thought I read that Viasat has already had a delay on theirs. This would leave me open without a contract if it happens within the next year which would be nice if they put out better packages. So I think I am going to hold off on the switch and see what happens. Yea Exede is lacking big time in the meter department but if it came between a great meter or faster speeds I will take the speeds LOL.
Assistant Professor

Don't tell anyone but I get 12-15 Mbps mostly. Had a slowdown for a couple months but they fixed it.  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone. Between you and me right?
Then again, I'm a paid shill.
No, I jump through the hoops and provide the tests they ask for. Worth it to me. This ain't cable, have to do what you have to do.

I had satellite internet and it suck  so I call back my cable company back to get the internet  with  them  because the satellite internet suck so bad I want back to my cable company I let go for satellite internet  I will not do that again I keep  my cable company internet  because it work  and no data caps on it
Assistant Professor

You talk me respond you have cable you get satellite you not too bright should stay with cable OK. Ug.