Constant connection errors still...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mari
Sophomore

Constant connection errors still...

Have constant issues with my finance software disconnecting again, and other apps cannot hold connections either.

Radio swap out the tech did didn’t solve the issue. That probably was just a good day.

What exactly is going on? Is there problems in routing between the internet and your gateway right now or something?
34 REPLIES 34
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have to agree something has been going on for at least the last couple of days.

I'll lose Internet access but still connect to the modem and gateway just fine. Zero packet loss to gateway but still no Internet access. Has been happening off and on with no pattern but sure is irritating when in the middle of doing something like downloading a file.

Seems to last maybe 10-20 minutes at a time. Feel bad for you if needing a constant connection for your finance software. Dropping to even 100kbps is better than a total loss for things like that.

I get the below generic error page, when I run the diagnostics it says it can't determine the proxy. Seems like a NAT/Gateway issue.

Capture.PNG

Yea, the last couple days have been terrible. Today I was getting disconnected around once an hour.

Going to disable TCP acceleration and see if that helps tomorrow.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm hoping it is unannounced upgrades to the system going on. Never hurts to be a bit positive I suppose.  

Has been better today for me. No loss although not online constantly. Is bad problem as nothing shows up in error reporting. Everything appears fine on client end as far as modem is concerned. No red X's here, all looks fine even when no connection to Internet.

Hard to even prove what is happening. I'll take a bunch of screen snips if it happens again here.

If you need constant connection, even at low speed, I see where this is a big problem. An aggravating thing for me even though I really don't rely on my connection for anything serious.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I did reboot my modem which may have fixed it by flushing its cache.

Can also do this, especially Method 1, to flush your computer cache:   https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-dns-probe-finished-no-internet-windows-10.html

Is possible a lot of end servers did updates recently for security reasons and such, so DNS cache needs to be refreshed. Both on modem and computer side.

Today was much better. Few connection freezes that lasted a few seconds without disconnecting software. And, one disconnect. I stare at my screen for five hours straight with live data streaming in via UDP broadcast so I know if there is a problem for even a couple seconds.

Really bad day today. Losing connection every fifteen minutes on average.

Only 190mb data left... Wonder if it will work better on FAP? 😂

That was odd.... Last disconnect my WiFi on my pc disconnected... Modem is one foot from my PC.

I have not been able to get the Lan to work for this modem. Tried three different computers.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Mari wrote:
That was odd.... Last disconnect my WiFi on my pc disconnected... Modem is one foot from my PC.

I have not been able to get the Lan to work for this modem. Tried three different computers.

I don't know if this will make any difference, but regarding the LAN connection, if you have a device connected to the modem with said LAN connection, with both being off, try powering the modem, waiting for a few minutes, then powering the PC.  

You may have already tried this, but I thought I would mention it.  Sometimes I have to start up this way if I'm connecting something new via LAN, as if I just connect it while the modem is already on and running the PC will sometimes not be connected when I power it up, but if first connect the device via LAN then power the modem, then the PC a few minutes later (giving the modem time to fully be ready), it works.  

With that said...three PCs not connecting via LAN?  That's quite odd, indeed.  

One PC, two laptops. Will mess around with it some more... It just displays “Unidentified Network”

Keeps disconnecting every ten minutes this mornig.

Status goes to “Discovering the gateway” before it reconnects.
GabeU

@Mari wrote:
Keeps disconnecting every ten minutes this mornig.

Status goes to “Discovering the gateway” before it reconnects.

That's downright odd.  I'm sure one of the reps will address this, as I think they're the only ones that are going to be able to help with this type of issue.  

If you don't already, it would be a good idea to leave the modem on, even if you aren't using it, so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to determine what is wrong.  

@Liz @Amanda

Hi Mari,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We certainly would like to help address your concerns.

When you tried directly connecting to the modem via LAN cable with your three devices, was only one LAN cable used?

Please try a different LAN cable to directly connect to the HughesNet modem and let me know if the issue persists. If it does persist, please let me know the status of the LEDs on the HughesNet modem while directly connected.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Well, I got my yellow Ethernet cable to work with a old windows 7 laptop.

My new fully updated windows pc still shows “Unidentified Network” with the same cable.

Did a full network reset on this windows 10 pc. Now the windows troubleshooter says “No valid IP Configuration”.

Ok, downloaded new drivers off my motherboard manufacturers site. Works now!

Will see how the disconnect issues are on Monday directly connected via LAN cable. I do know some disconnects are the WiFi going out. Which is odd because it’s a foot from the PC!
GabeU

@Mari wrote:
Ok, downloaded new drivers off my motherboard manufacturers site. Works now!

Will see how the disconnect issues are on Monday directly connected via LAN cable. I do know some disconnects are the WiFi going out. Which is odd because it’s a foot from the PC!

One down, one to go!  LOL.  Glad you're able to at least connect now.  

With regard to your WiFi disconnecting, one possibility is the WiFi adapters in the computers are turning off to save power.  The following site has instructions on how to turn that option off in the WiFi adapter.  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-dropping-out-on-windows-10-solved/    

Edit: Sorry if you're getting multiple email notifications of replies.  Every time I edit a post it sends another notification out.  I should pay better attention when I first post it.  LOL.  

The tech that came out a while back said the red x’s on my uplink were likely on the HughesNet end.
https://imgur.com/a/VICf8

Any way for you guys to access the modem and tell what causes the uplink errors?
GabeU

@Mari wrote:
The tech that came out a while back said the red x’s on my uplink were likely on the HughesNet end.
https://imgur.com/a/VICf8

Any way for you guys to access the modem and tell what causes the uplink errors?

The reps can do that.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  Liz previously replied, so she will see your reply concerning the uplink errors.  

Connection was just down for a minute with the “Transmit problem has occurred error code”...

Grrrrr... No better on Lan